• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No More Juliet Factory Tune Ups

joecool862

Keeper of the Skull
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kansas City Baby!
So I went to the local vault today and I was talking with the manager. He told me that he had a discussion with HQ 3 months ago that the factory will no longer be providing the tune up service for Juliets. Sounds like they are out of parts, lol. I've been using @THE X-MAN recently anyway, but it sucks to hear that the factory is completely pulling support for the Juliet. Probably only a matter of time until they stop selling the rubbers as well...

Last edited:
Not surprised; though we've been hearing this for sometime. I think it is just a matter of how long whatever stock they had of rivets, rubber etc. ran out after they presumably stopped production. I'd be concerned about this but fortunately we have aftermarket makers of parts and close enough to OEM rubber through Linegear as well as members here who do tune ups now as good or better than Oakley and for less (after Oakley started jacking the price of the service IMO to discourage people even sending them in).

I'm under no illusions though- I'm in the process of stockpiling rubber and certain parts from even aftermarket suppliers because there will come a time in the future, maybe closer than we think, where the sheer fact of passage of time and lack of new quantity of metals being produced will mean even aftermarket manufacturers will no longer have the economies of scale needed to continue making product. And I intend to wear my metals for another 35 years so I'm going to need parts and rubber for many years to come.

Still offered in Europe and Japan.
Yeah, I haven't called them in the US so I can't confirm they have officially stopped yet. All I know is the manager at my local vault said they were going to stop. He didn't say when, but I'm sure its just a matter of time :(

Oakley australia still offer it partly.
As they don't have parts they will do the tune up and use black rubbers (no Colours in stock so they say )
Also you have to sign a waver saying you under stand this.and if they are damaged they
Do not cover them. Which they will return them to you at no charge in bits.