• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No More Juliet Factory Tune Ups

I send everything to xman now. I will spend a few extra bucks and get linegear screws if they are needed. I want somebody who cares about my frame to tighten it up. I've had a couple frames serviced by Oakley. Xman does it in less than half the time and they are locked up tight. He's legit. Still, to me it sort of signels the end of an era when Oakley decides to no longer service Juliets...

If anyone cares anymore, I called my local O store and was told that the Juliet is for sure still be done by Oakley. He wasn't sure about any other models, but was certain that the Juliets are still able to be serviced.

Sounds like people have a good thing going with X Man here, so probably the better way to go anyway.

If anyone cares anymore, I called my local O store and was told that the Juliet is for sure still be done by Oakley. He wasn't sure about any other models, but was certain that the Juliets are still able to be serviced.

Sounds like people have a good thing going with X Man here, so probably the better way to go anyway.
That's good to know. I wonder if the employee I talked to at that vault was under the wrong impression that they are stopping tune ups soon. Maybe they will be phasing out tune ups later this year? I guess it doesn't really matter either way. Like you said, we are fortunate and have X-Man for high quality tune ups and refinishing services (the likes of which Oakley wouldn't even dream about).

That's good to know. I wonder if the employee I talked to at that vault was under the wrong impression that they are stopping tune ups soon. Maybe they will be phasing out tune ups later this year? I guess it doesn't really matter either way. Like you said, we are fortunate and have X-Man for high quality tune ups and refinishing services (the likes of which Oakley wouldn't even dream about).
Maybe they told you this because they wanted to hook you into getting their new "x-metal" line up they just got. :whistle:

Maybe they told you this because they wanted to hook you into getting their new "x-metal" line up they just got. :whistle:

Exactly. Why refurbish old product when you can buy this new stuff that's so much better and with much larger margins than its predecessors ever had (to develop more inferior cookie cutter, boring ass products). Plus, they'll never need things like tune ups because they'll break in a WAY shorter time than an old X-Metal flex coupler would have needed to loosen.

They were most definitely talking up the Madman/Badman! This could be totally possible. Sneaky... Although the guy that told me this recognized the hammerstem Julie and the vr28 bip lenses I had on right away...

My brother got hold of European customer services yesterday and they are also still doing XX tuneups. And I'm waiting for my Juliets to come back. Sent them in to have a tune up just over a week ago, so they're definitely still doing them in Europe. They even had Juliet lenses for me. No BIP but a couple of other choices.

They are still doing them in Australia as well. Just got a response from Oakley customer service. I received a response as well as somewhat of a consent for just basically saying that they hold no responsibility for broken glasses and they will be sent back unfixed if they become broken. So I'm trying to decide wether to chance it and send to Oakley or send to xman.

What's everyone's experience with Oakley compared to xman? Please not I am in no way knocking xmans work

Latest Posts

Back