• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No More Limited Editions?

oakleygolfer

Oakley Beginner
Chicago
Ok so I just went on Oakley.com and in the drop down there used to be the "Limited Edition" category, but it is no longer there...Anyone know what's up?

My guess is that they figured "special edition" and "limited edition" was a little redundant and just combined them into 1.

Yes it was removed last week and they are all special editions now.

agreed x2.

I used to be big into music collecting and years ago they really did make limited editions of some releases. These days they do this thing called "Record Store Day" and they promote all kinds of "limited", "exclusive", "extremely rare" items just to hype the sales. The lemmings eat them up the first day like total suckers paying huge dollars for some cds and vinyl that within a few weeks to a month flood the market and you can get them on ebay cheaper than the sticker price on the stupid record store day.

In my opinion the terms "special" or "limited" editions should really be strictly enforced because so many people fall for the hype, pay big bucks, and in the end they get nothing more than a regular issue of whatever cd/vinyl/sunglass. Which to me is a whole load of BS!

Latest Posts

Back