• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No more made in USA?

Saekret

Oakley Beginner
I received my green faded frogskins prizim in the mail today. Opened the box and inspected the quality, everything look legit. The prizim is etched where it should be top right, the prizm sticker with high quality hologram on left side pilled out nicely without leaving any residue and, finally a serial number. The only thing was off is the leg doesn't say Made In USA. I contacted the seller asking why it wasn't printed. His response: was new model doesn't have it and only the older model does. I want to verify if this is true.

There face book has high rating 4.8 from few hundreds to thousands of customers. So I doubt in my mind they would try to sell a fake one. Their reputation is excellent with high rating and it make no sense to sell counterfeit if their reputation is on the line . Thanks.

Last edited:
Photos

20170617_154704.jpg

20170617_154844.jpg

20170617_154901.jpg

20170617_154911.jpg

20170617_154921.jpg

Like everything else these days Oakley (under Luxotica ownership) has been manufacturing their products in China. The closest we get to 'Made in USA' now is 'Assembled' in USA - from Chinese made components.

If you browse the forum you will find plenty of info on this.

Welcome to the forum, btw...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back