• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No Sku?

tkrew202

Oakley Enthusiast
US
I have 2 pairs of the 24-125 juliets and one pair has sku on the left arm and the other doesn't. Other than that they both seem to be identical. The pair with no sku is BNIB. Do some not have skus or is that pair a fake?

ruby1_zpsc95773cb.jpg

both_zps54039f46.jpg

leftarm2_zpsd0038789.jpg

leftarm1_zpsacbebf4d.jpg

those look pretty real to me. May want to ask other for opinions about the SKU. My juliets that didn't have a SKU was a polished pair with hammerstems.

I have a pair of x squared and holbrooks that i bought directly from Oakley, the x squared has no sku, and the Holbrook doesnt even have the raised lettered "Holbrook" on the inside! It all depends on the batch. I wouldnt worry about your Julie. Its real.

hello all...just joined this forum...anyway i too have 2 pairs of juliets, one without any arm markings aswell......lucky i have my other pair to compare the 2...... :)
i have a pair of plasma w/fire iridium and a pair of carbon w/black polarised......love em to bits.....i did have a pair which i found out were fakes...
so i ended up destroying them......cant believe you can still get them though.....and why risk your eyes ;)

My theory is Oakley makes a lot of frames at a time and I think that they probably initially intended to use some of them for custom pairs (with no sku). However they probably decided to just use some of them as one specific model instead, especially since they are discontinuing the whole line itself. Also, I just got a brand-new pair of plasma frame Juliet's from Oakley headquarters couple weeks ago and they did not have a sku on them, but before the guy sold them to me told me they were a "Display Model." So that could be another reason why some pairs don't have skus either.

ok cool.......the ones i received the other day (from a very honest person) came with the old box and coin.......they look almost brand new so yeah they were either customs, display model or even refurbished (plus all the relevent documentation including the soft xmetal vault)......have done all the checks ie weight, rivets on the nosebridge, proper screws, ear stems, o matter bits and the way the polarized is produced on the lenses......plus i compared them to plasma juliets :) love these glasses

I just got one of those (xmetal/ruby juliets) two weeks ago at oakley HQ and they have SkU on them, Its BRand new but Not In the box..they were the last pair and they were in the display case, so not really sealed when i got them..

To my knowledge, x metals ran for a good few years without an sku. Prior to this, they were serialised, which ceased from mid 2004 I believe. I am not sure exactly when sku's appeared but there will be literally thousands of pairs produced from early 2005 to I would guess 2009 ish. Hope this helps.

Back