• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Non Oakley replacement LX lenses

JonJonM

Oakley Beginner
So a while ago I posted about getting some grey tortoise Frogskins from Oakley's website. Turns out I saw a pair on SGH website but they were LXs instead, and came with black iridium lenses. Since this was the colour I was looking for I decided why not try them out. I really wanted polarized black iridium lenses but figured I could always hunt some down.
So the glasses showed up and they are pretty sweet but I did some research on putting in regular Frogskin lenses because there doesn't seem to be any LX lenses on the oakley site. There seems to be mixed results with that working, I figured I would try another brands lenses.
Revant Optics had both frogskin and frogskin LX lenses listed on their site. So I ordered some LX black chrome polarized lenses. When I got them today it turns out the packaging says Frogskin/Frogskin LX which made me worry because I know they are slightly different sizes.
Installed the Revant lenses and they are a crappy fit. They rattle around in the frame and can easily be popped out. Seems they thought their regular Frogskin lenses would fit the LX. I am super disappointed as I thought they would be LX specific lenses as that's basically whats on their website.
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of trying them. I've emailed Revant to see what they can do ill post back when I hear back from them. In the meantime I'm on the hunt for polarized black iridium LX specific lenses.

So a while ago I posted about getting some grey tortoise Frogskins from Oakley's website. Turns out I saw a pair on SGH website but they were LXs instead, and came with black iridium lenses. Since this was the colour I was looking for I decided why not try them out. I really wanted polarized black iridium lenses but figured I could always hunt some down.
So the glasses showed up and they are pretty sweet but I did some research on putting in regular Frogskin lenses because there doesn't seem to be any LX lenses on the oakley site. There seems to be mixed results with that working, I figured I would try another brands lenses.
Revant Optics had both frogskin and frogskin LX lenses listed on their site. So I ordered some LX black chrome polarized lenses. When I got them today it turns out the packaging says Frogskin/Frogskin LX which made me worry because I know they are slightly different sizes.
Installed the Revant lenses and they are a crappy fit. They rattle around in the frame and can easily be popped out. Seems they thought their regular Frogskin lenses would fit the LX. I am super disappointed as I thought they would be LX specific lenses as that's basically whats on their website.
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of trying them. I've emailed Revant to see what they can do ill post back when I hear back from them. In the meantime I'm on the hunt for polarized black iridium LX specific lenses.
@Revant Optics

There you go. :)

Thanks for the tag @OakleyFrankFMJ, and apologies for the inconvenience @JonJonM. Send me a private message on here with the email you used to reach out to us, and I'll make sure your email gets answered ASAP. All of our lenses are guaranteed to fit your frames and we'll get you taken care of. -Kevin
Thanks Frank. And tried to messege you recant optics but says your inbox is full. Currently emailing with someone from customer service. Thanks again

Remember to keep us updated on how you are taken care of. ;)
Yeah great customer service/ communication with Revant so far. They are sending some new lenses out to me asap which is awsome and they say I may have gotten a bad cutt/faulty pair. I will post how the new ones fit when I get them in. Still thinking it might be an frogskin/frogskin lx compatability issue but maybe not. Might be possible that some LX frames are different but I'm not sure. I dont beleive I have the asian fit ones and im not even sure if that would affect the type of lens.

Yeah great customer service/ communication with Revant so far. They are sending some new lenses out to me asap which is awsome and they say I may have gotten a bad cutt/faulty pair. I will post how the new ones fit when I get them in. Still thinking it might be an frogskin/frogskin lx compatability issue but maybe not. Might be possible that some LX frames are different but I'm not sure. I dont beleive I have the asian fit ones and im not even sure if that would affect the type of lens.
So finally an update. The second pair of lenses they sent me fit better but were still too loose. Revant offered a full refund and also made a suggestion of their HC3 lenses as they are thicker. So i had a pair of those sent over in the stealth black. Sure enough theu visually looked alot thicker so i popped them in. They fit great and look awsome. Havnt been able to try them out for more than a day but they seem good so far. Packaging says frogskin/frogskin lx so im still confused about the whole compatibility issue. Maybe the LX has a bigger area for the thickness of the lens to fit. But glad to finally get it sorted all out. Thanks to Revant for getting it fixed and was great dealing with them. Awsome customer service. So I definatly recommend them. Just hope they will eventually offer a mirror finish on the black HC3 lenses.

So finally an update. The second pair of lenses they sent me fit better but were still too loose. Revant offered a full refund and also made a suggestion of their HC3 lenses as they are thicker. So i had a pair of those sent over in the stealth black. Sure enough theu visually looked alot thicker so i popped them in. They fit great and look awsome. Havnt been able to try them out for more than a day but they seem good so far. Packaging says frogskin/frogskin lx so im still confused about the whole compatibility issue. Maybe the LX has a bigger area for the thickness of the lens to fit. But glad to finally get it sorted all out. Thanks to Revant for getting it fixed and was great dealing with them. Awsome customer service. So I definatly recommend them. Just hope they will eventually offer a mirror finish on the black HC3 lenses.
That's great to hear.

Interesting though one line versus another line have a different fit like that.

It's all about customer service. What matters is they tried to make things right for you :)

Thanks for that update.

@Revant Optics

Back