• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Noob Quest:Does Jawbone True Carbon Fiber A Real Carbon Fiber?

What are you asking? Its not actual carbon fiber if that's what your wondering. Its a hyrdoprint or somthing of the like.

It's deceptive. "True" carbon fiber is a better looking print and better resembles carbon. The normal carbon fiber frame color isn't that great, at least the current style.

It's deceptive. "True" carbon fiber is a better looking print and better resembles carbon. The normal carbon fiber frame color isn't that great, at least the current style.

+1

Here you can see the old print (Custom Minute Carbon Fiber/BIP)

pjftagbz.jpg

i was refering to the jawbone model.. if its a tru carbon fiber? cause i saw my friends car got cracks to it. i guess its not real. does it fade easy?

i was refering to the jawbone model.. if its a tru carbon fiber? cause i saw my friends car got cracks to it. i guess its not real. does it fade easy?

You are right, It's not true carbon fiber, it's a print.
As long as you don't drag them over concrete the print is stable.

So why do they call it "true" carbon fiber? lol. Always thought that was misleading.
If you're looking for real CF, try the Jupiter Factory Lite. Great shades!

The first carbon fiber printed Oaks (1999 - 2003) were called Carbon Fiber.
The newer models (Echelon) are called True Carbon Fiber, cos their print imitates the look of real carbon fiber better than the old carbon fiber print.
The Jupiter Factory Light has real carbon fiber legs, but there is nothing in the model name itself regarding genuine carbon fiber.
I think that's not misleading.

Back