• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Noob Question About Juliets

Eon

Oakley Beginner
there are some Juliets with:

Serial: XM001316

and the like this: 13O16 ( <-- is this the production number? )

and non serial.

can someone explain them to me please... it will help me alot determine if it is fake or not.

and maybe you can check this item out... the person told me that it is from the movie prop itself. so i wonder if you have news that they sell it in public? the item does not have any box,coin,paper, and does not have serial only production number he said... is the production number like this 13O16??

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH Oakley Forums! you are helping me a lot. :)

Glasses prefixed 'X' are the initial run of then referred to as first generation, which mostly carried the darker lenses. The second run was prefixed 'J' and the third was unserialised for approx 4 years. The 4th release would have carried an sku number and as I do not have this model I can't give the exact number, but it would begin '04-' . The 13016 number I have never come across. Movie props would not have been made available to the public or as a public release as the colour in the lens was extremely dark to wear. Some may have escaped out to the public quite possibly. I have seen many ads for the side blinders to attach/ paint yourself so I'm sure many pairs have been constructed this way. The lenses in the photos do look very dark and may possibly be a movie prop, but as for an official release, no.

Glasses prefixed 'X' are the initial run of then referred to as first generation, which mostly carried the darker lenses. The second run was prefixed 'J' and the third was unserialised for approx 4 years. The 4th release would have carried an sku number and as I do not have this model I can't give the exact number, but it would begin '04-' . The 13016 number I have never come across. Movie props would not have been made available to the public or as a public release as the colour in the lens was extremely dark to wear. Some may have escaped out to the public quite possibly. I have seen many ads for the side blinders to attach/ paint yourself so I'm sure many pairs have been constructed this way. The lenses in the photos do look very dark and may possibly be a movie prop, but as for an official release, no.
Thanks for the info...I always thought that the "J" prefix was the first run Julies and the "X" prefix was a special run.... Unless you are just talking about the ruby/ x metal only Julies. I could never find anything definitive on what is the absolute 1st run of Juliets that oakley produced, regardless of colorway/edition.