• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Noob question: closest thing to the old Whisker?

Kutusov

Oakley Beginner
Hi, new here, found this forum while trying to google this question. I own two pairs of Whiskers (silver frame with black lens; bronze frame with brown polarized lens) but they are both showing their age. I really, really like their lens and how they fit me, I have a narrow face and most sunglasses are a bit too big for me (plus I'm really not down with the trend of big sunglasses).

I realize they've been discontinued, I can't find some leftover stock anywhere but I was wondering what replaced the Whisker (not the square version, don't like those but apparently they are still around). The Conductor 8 seem close but I fear they are a bit bigger than the Whisker?

I know the best thing would be to see them and try them in a store but the ones around where I live have a very limited stock. When I got my silver frame Whisker I wanted those in black and the lady at the store told me there was no such thing, I only found out that they did exist later through the internet.

Sorry for the long post but any help would be much appreciated!

Welcome. When you meet the Forum requirements you will have access to the Exchange section and you will probably find a BNIB or similar in there.

The Whisker used to be my go to shades but I kept bending them or crushing them, they are so cool to look at and wear but incredibly fragile. I found this increasingly annoying and sadly I sold off all my pairs both used and brand new boxed and went over to my one true love Juliets.

Still got a lot of time for a Whisker though and there are still decent examples to be bought out there.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out also on ebay etc. Maybe I could build my own, I've noticed there are frames and lens around still.

Part of the reason I wanted a 3rd pair is because I bent my main pair and haven't quite been able to put it like it was. I've always kept the in a case but I lost a week or so ago and, sure enough, 2 days in and I bent the thing.

BTW, what's the right Vault case for the Whisker? Large or small? I keep getting contradictrory information even about something this simple. The case I had was for Arnett sunglasses because that's how rubbish the big sunglass store I got them from was, didn't even had original Oakley cases.

I have various sized cases at home and thinking about it, I might have a couple of pairs of beater Whiskers so I will test them out when I get home and report back to you.

IMG_9535.JPG

X-Metal case.

Back