• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Noooo! Snapped M-frame, can this be fixed?

Thanks but I’m all set. Any photos of repaired Pro M-Frames?
Nope, sure don't, as I've never broken mine. I guess that makes me unacceptable in someone's eyes.

Pro and M2.jpg

So you’ve never repaired one?
That is correct. The principle is the same for all plastics repairs, of which I have done many. "O Matter" is plastic. Before anyone asks, in this instance, I would use a suitable bonding agent, then gauze and reshape to allow fitment of the earsock. This would increase the strength of the repair. The final touch being a brass rod through both pieces, also bonded in. Since it's under the earsock, it would never be seen, and stronger than original. But hey, what do I know?

What is so wrong with that? Seriously, not just aimed at you.

All I know is I tried to do something nice for someone, without any compensation, and that's all.

Did anyone ever think that maybe the original poster doesn't have a love affair with their Pro M's, and that they just want them fixed and able to wear them?

You all know that we are talking about a pair of M Frames, here, right?

When was the last time some of you offered to help someone out? When did any of you go out of your way to do something nice for anyone else? Think about that. Maybe if more people helped others out, this world wouldn't be so ****ed up by selfish, entitled *******s.

When was the last time some of you offered to help someone out? When did any of you go out of your way to do something nice for anyone else? Think about that. Maybe if more people helped others out, this world wouldn't be so ****ed up by selfish, entitled *******s.
I’ve never offered to help someone out. I’ve never gone out of my way to do something nice. I was recently born.

The other thing is if I offer to fix these, with no benefit to myself, knowing that I helped someone out who needs it, I did a good deed, and a job well done, and that is satisfying enough for me, which is the whole intent of these forums is to help someone out. I pay it forward.

For those with just general negativity and getting in the way of none of your business, ask yourselves; what is in that for you by getting involved in someone offering to do something for someone else? Why do you care? Do some of you take satisfaction by bringing others down and their efforts?

@five56 I think it's super cool you offered to help him. don't read into it. there's lots of banter and wisecracks on most threads - rarely with harm meant.

Also lots of people join the forum, flame a bit, and then disappear. So some of us are a bit calloused.

You look like a good guy, niiice paint job too.

Sounds like a decent approach to repair. It's also reasonable that people would want to see evidence of your skills, or methodology. Some of those commenting here have also helped others in the past, @zcrxsi and @Rick58 for sure. @zcrxsi has a decent amount of materials experience and frame repair experience.

@Wavecloud’s Customisation is definitely an outstanding choice for someone in UK.

Anyway, thanks for offering to help.

For those with just general negativity and getting in the way of none of your business, ask yourselves; what is in that for you by getting involved in someone offering to do something for someone else? Why do you care? Do some of you take satisfaction by bringing others down and their efforts?
Let me ask you this. Why do you think it's okay to jump in when Wavecloud was tagged, then responded asking for pictures of the damage. Then the OP posts pics and specifically asks Wavecloud if he could fix it. Do you think that's ok to do? Obviously you do. Nothing like stepping on a few toes to get your point across, right?
As far as me asking for pictures of your work, that's not out of line. I think most would agree. I've seen plenty of frames come across my bench that had been previously painted by people who were "confident in their abilities". I guess that's why I asked for pictures of your work. I have a "you can show me better than you can tell me" mentality. If someone asks me if I can do a custom paint job on their frame, I can say yes I can and prove it. I don't take offense if they ask for pics. I have a 156 pages of proof.

Last edited:
Let me ask you this. Why do you think it's okay to jump in when Wavecloud was tagged, then responded asking for pictures of the damage. Then the OP posts pics and specifically asks Wavecloud if he could fix it. Do you think that's ok to do? Obviously you do. Nothing like stepping on a few toes to get your point across, right?
As far as me asking for pictures of your work, that's not out of line. I think most would agree. I've seen plenty of frames come across my bench that had been previously painted by people who were "confident in their abilities". I guess that's why I asked for pictures of your work. I have a "you can show me better than you can tell me" mentality. If someone asks me if I can do a custom paint job on their frame, I can say yes I can and prove it. I don't take offense if they ask for pics. I have a 156 pages of proof.
Fair point, I didn't realize he was tagged. I just saw it as someone asking for help, then some replies to it. I did see Wavecouds response, but figured since he was in the UK, then it might become a hassle, and it was from over a month ago.

From my point of view, I saw it as offering to help, then getting dumped on and told to pound sand by other members who it's not their decision to make.

I see the bigger picture after stepping back ;)

Back