• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Bombs on SJ2's

the piper

I should Work at Oakley
CT
i discovered with my thin bridge Asian fit fit me better. Bought of bunch of pads to switch. First 2 switches went fine ...Grey Smoke pads would not come off Turns out its a nosebomb shaped piece of hard plastic there not the 2 prongs newer ones have sometimes...Many of my older pairs are like this all purchased from Oakley or Zappos... and i was only able to switch on 1 custom Black/Ice and 1 Polished Black The Matte RB were grafted on and u could feel it was solid underneath. O denies this and after mine were ruined says every pair is switchable..This is NOT true....Bought replacement Grey Smoke on Ebay for 94 shipped but really frustrated by Oakley- NOT every SJ2 has switchable nosepads!...Has anyone else anything they can add...please

A really good fake wouldn't have the correct nosebomb hooks. Are all of your Straight Jackets from legit sources, or are some Craiglist and eBay pickups?

Also, writing in better sentence structure would make it a little easier to understand you.

The SJ2's without switchable pads were bought online from Oakley May 17th 2011. Have bought almost 400 pair from legitimate sources and can tell a fake easily...I do not know what Craig's List is...

Thats what o said until 5 minutes ago when he got permission over phone to pull nosepads off SJ2...guess what...they were non switchable....apparently there are variations...maybe this was so as not to get mixed up with Slate IR Asian version...I am not sure..they were removable on some but he said it was likely the Asian ones would fall off as they are made differently so he sent me regular size to restore the ones I had switched...weird ...same here This was a first...

Thats what o said until 5 minutes ago when he got permission over phone to pull nosepads off SJ2...guess what...they were non switchable....apparently there are variations...maybe this was so as not to get mixed up with Slate IR Asian version...I am not sure..they were removable on some but he said it was likely the Asian ones would fall off as they are made differently so he sent me regular size to restore the ones I had switched...weird ...same here This was a first...

alright, yeah absolutely weird. very uncharacteristic for oakley to fix nosebombs on.. but glad they gave you replacements. hope you get them all sorted out

Back