• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Bridge Help

O's & J's

I am Jim Jannard...
I want to send in a pair to be tuned up but I want to paint it first. Is there a way (without the special tool) to just remove the pins?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'd tried searching and found nothing and don't want to send it in to have them removed then sent back to me for paint then sent back for reinstallation if I can avoid that. :)

I was thinking of trying this however o hear if it goes crooked you may damage the pin holes? Is that true? I was thinking of using my vise to hold it straight and use a punch and hammer but mallet would be a better idea, you're right about that. @Dnkeyhnter

I'm kind of a do-it-yourself kind of guy. I enjoy it actually so I've been very tempted to purchase the tool as well. Gotta support the forum sponsors in a round about way. ;)

Think I'll give it a go. Thanks man. Appreciate it!! @Dnkeyhnter

Yeah bro, I figured I would donate to them :lol:

It's self explanatory, but.. to knock the pins out you must hit it from the front so it pushes it out the back. To put them back in.. hit them from the back of the glasses towards the front.

Yeah bro, I figured I would donate to them :lol:

It's self explanatory, but.. to knock the pins out you must hit it from the front so it pushes it out the back. To put them back in.. hit them from the back if the glasses to towards the front.
Thanks brother. Really appreciate the info.

@Dnkeyhnter I've been doing my own to for a while now too. Got the same pusher but straight from the Chinese supplier. You're right, it's not near as hard as people make it out to be.

Latest Posts

Back