• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK X-metal servicing. Cerakoting. Custom cut lenses. Stripped screw heads. UK

Go with the guy with the fastest turnaround and the most experience @THE X-MAN
Fast turn around doesn't always mean better. It means expensive and unfriendly on a lot of occasions. Not sayin that's what you by any means. Please know that because I don't know you..but in business typically the company that wants volume and tons of business fast isn't always the right fit for communities like this one. I prefer fairness and conversation. The love of the brand and helping out those that may just need that extra nice touch of personality. Doing it for fun and not money.

Fast turn around doesn't always mean better. It means expensive and unfriendly on a lot of occasions. Not sayin that's what you by any means. Please know that because I don't know you..but in business typically the company that wants volume and tons of business fast isn't always the right fit for communities like this one. I prefer fairness and conversation. The love of the brand and helping out those that may just need that extra nice touch of personality. Doing it for fun and not money.
And I don't agree that there are guys on here doing it for the love and not for a little money...And for the ones that say they are...... then they shouldn't charge anything. Are you working for free?

Last edited:
And I don't agree that there are guys on here doing it for the love and not for a little money...And for the ones that say they are then they shouldn't charge anything. Are you working for free?
A lot of the time yes. For friends especially. From time to time I trade for work. I did 3 pitbosses this week for an x-squared frame. and I have to charge something for materials too.. Etch, cerakote, pins and whatever... paint those sorts of things too... Im not saying that money can't be transferred for service but personally its not MY priority. Ive been taken advantage of here because of this but its ok in the long run. Id prefer to stay right by myself and enjoy what I do. If it makes people smile or I've helped someone out that couldn't afford to fix their glasses that what a great day that is. I might be weird but I like the likes.

My reputation has been exemplary, Technically I started the repair customization buisness,now we have every knucklehead trying to call themselves customizers.my turnaround is fast because I'm dedicated to not putting it off till tomorrow. And the fact that I have to stay ahead of the "Bob's customs" guys that show up every week.As far as conversations I have 6500 posts over 9 years.....In my customs thread yesterday I posted some photos of the work these monkeys are sending out to people who trusted them,essentially destroying the frames....All I'm trying to do is tell people stay away from the new guys..but hey thats capitalism 101.
Again I don't know you. I was just replying that fast turn around isn't always the best. Im sure your one of the best at what you do..

You say you don't know me.....we've been togeather on this forum for almost a decade....lol

You say you don't know me.....we've been togeather on this forum for almost a decade....lol
I've been here since 15. I don't think I've ever really spoken to you directly. Have I? If I did I apologize...Maybe we did. However I chat with the other custom guys everyday. You've never reached out from what I recall. Id definitely would have chatted and traded thoughts. I trade ideas with other custom guys here all the time. We've not done that. So no I don’t really know u. I definitely know of you and what your rep is though.

If I had to endorse 1 person to work on my own pairs it would be @zwc0442 ..no doubt.
he's been a huge help to me and always johnny on the spot with any order.

Back