• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Couple Tightness Level

later Juliet's are looser because the tabs on the orbitals are shorter with a bigger radius on them, thus creating much less surface area, they definitely changed the die over the years. when I redo a mars or first gen frames the tabs are long and square and very tight with my rubber. Also my rubber contacts all the way around instead of just front and back like the oem geometry.
Interesting that they changed the tabs

say that in a year when you've wore them out...hehehehe

the flex couplers are incorporated because titanium doesn't really flex, so as you put them on the noggin they can move a bit.my idea works nice because they stay tight on the head, they still flex but not as mushy as factory. I wear mine in the pool and had sweat all over them for almost 2 years now and still, nice and tight. I kind of look at it as nothing good can come from loose parts .just because Oakley designers had an idea doesn't mean its the "end all beat all" idea. Like Jim said "everything in the world can and will be made better"
that's only my opinion and im stickin to it.

Hi I'm new here. How do you make them tighter than factory? I Just recently bought used Juliets and sent them into Oakley for "tune-up". The bridge piece has a bit of flex still but is much more rigid than before I sent them in. I have to assume this is just "as good as it gets".

I read a poster on here allude to you (X-Man) with a method of making them more rigid? How can I achieve this?

I had on XX redone by x-man,the x metal finish was superb,it was so tight it was uncomfortable to wear and the rivets were likes thumb tacks ,so it's Oakley service for me.

I had on XX redone by x-man,the x metal finish was superb,it was so tight it was uncomfortable to wear and the rivets were likes thumb tacks ,so it's Oakley service for me.

I have a large head and brow. @nightpusher "Thumb tacks?" The rivets X-Man did for me are just as good if not better than Oakley. The tightness of the nose is exactly what you want from the start. The rubber will eventually form to custom fit your noggin perfectly.

I have a large head and brow. @nightpusher "Thumb tacks?" The rivets X-Man did for me are just as good if not better than Oakley. The tightness of the nose is exactly what you want from the start. The rubber will eventually form to custom fit your noggin perfectly.

So what was the turn around time to get it tightened for you?

I don't understand.....heres a guy you cant please.

Last edited:
X man is wonderful...I had mine back in less then a week...but it will depend on his schedule. Do not send yours to Oakley...

Unfortunately I already sent my Juliet's in to Oakley a few weeks ago for the "tune-up". What's strange is a couple of my co-workers have Juliets and I have noticed that theirs our noticeably stiffer than mine (even after tune-up). And neither of them have EVER had to have them tightened by Oakley.

How can Oakley claim they match the "factory spec tightness" if mine is still noticeably looser than theirs?

Oakley is not Oakley anymore ..Luxottica owns them...They build frames in China now...I would not trust them with my Vintage Metals...The Xman is the only person I trust.