• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Couple Tightness Level

blast and polished are not the same, if you have dings in the frames you wont see them anymore when you get them back.

I agree with what your saying completely.....he could have kept that to himself,i just thought it was kinda ****ty.

You cant make everyone happy. But what really bugs me is did he even contact you and ask for help? Based on the post he would have made some sort of comment that he did, but I didn't see that........ Your always willing to help, but when a member feels the need to throw up a post out of anger without even looking into the issue, you can almost know he didn't try.

You have done several frames for me, AND the newest project I have on the shelf has just taken off! So be ready to do some work soon!!!!!

I don't understand.....heres a guy you cant please.

What's not to understand? Your blast Finnish was great, in my opinion the nose bridge was too tight and defeats the purpose of the original design,and the rivets looked terrible,I have seen photos of other work you have done and they look great,that was not my experience though, so no, I wasn't pleased.And if you "think it's kinda ****ty "for someone to post what you don't particularly like ,it may pay you to remember this is an open forum not the X man Promotional site,people asking a question are entitled to hear all relevant comments.

You cant make everyone happy. But what really bugs me is did he even contact you and ask for help? Based on the post he would have made some sort of comment that he did, but I didn't see that........ Your always willing to help, but when a member feels the need to throw up a post out of anger without even looking into the issue, you can almost know he didn't try.

You have done several frames for me, AND the newest project I have on the shelf has just taken off! So be ready to do some work soon!!!!!

Why does it bug you that I didn't ask for help? I didnt need help .There was no anger at all in my post just my experience on the subject being discussed.
I can tell you are an admirer of the man but as a moderator please try and stay a little impartial rather than sounding like a cheerleader.

My apologies for complaining . The pair in question were one of the very first pairs I've done 2 years ago. I didn't have rivets and had to make custom rivits,and yes they were bad...hell... I would have gone to Oakley service too. I agree with what your saying and need to work on being a little more "thick skinned" when it comes to comments on my work good or bad. I guess I thought we were talking about a more recent pair I had done for you and you didn't like the tightness....but now I understand.

My apologies for complaining . The pair in question were one of the very first pairs I've done 2 years ago. I didn't have rivets and had to make custom rivits,and yes they were bad...hell... I would have gone to Oakley service too. I agree with what your saying and need to work on being a little more "thick skinned" when it comes to comments on my work good or bad. I guess I thought we were talking about a more recent pair I had done for you and you didn't like the tightness....but now I understand.

I like how you own up to this. Forum should be open to discussion. And i agree with night pusher, staff here should be more neutral. fYI I just got a pair back from you xman and the tightness was perfect. I was originally worried that it was going to be too tight but it wasn't. Tighter than factory but still flex. Two thumbs way up