• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Couple Tightness Level

My apologies for complaining . The pair in question were one of the very first pairs I've done 2 years ago. I didn't have rivets and had to make custom rivits,and yes they were bad...hell... I would have gone to Oakley service too. I agree with what your saying and need to work on being a little more "thick skinned" when it comes to comments on my work good or bad. I guess I thought we were talking about a more recent pair I had done for you and you didn't like the tightness....but now I understand.

I think now we have a perfect example of how reasonable dialogue can bring about some understanding,you are right,it was the better part of 18 months ago they were done,I had no idea these were amongst your first, it does however explain my opinions formed by this pair are so much in the minority,even though I was not happy with the overall result ,there was no mistaking the skill involved in rebuilding them, it is also obvious to me now that you have gone on to develop you skills to such a degree that complaints are practically unknown.
All processes tend to improve and be developed, this is what has happened here,there is no need for apologies you were defending work you are proud of ,part of me now thinks I should have made you aware of my disappointment privately and earlier, but then the reply above would not be in the public domain ,something that will only enhance your reputation further,it takes considerable character to write what you did.
I have changed my opinions on the matter and should I require your services in the future,and should you be willing to accept the work I will be getting in touch.

blast and polished are not the same, if you have dings in the frames you wont see them anymore when you get them back.

Do you do polished work also? Like I have a plasma Juliet. Would you be able to offer polished services for those? I read somewhere that Polishing x-metal (titanium) frames cause the inevitable "pitting".

Secondly, my juliet frame is in pretty good shape..but it does have a few minor scuff/scratches. Would your blast finish completely remove those without leaving any "pitting"? I'm wondering if it would look like "new". Thanks!

What's not to understand? Your blast Finnish was great, in my opinion the nose bridge was too tight and defeats the purpose of the original design,and the rivets looked terrible,I have seen photos of other work you have done and they look great,that was not my experience though, so no, I wasn't pleased.And if you "think it's kinda ****ty "for someone to post what you don't particularly like ,it may pay you to remember this is an open forum not the X man Promotional site,people asking a question are entitled to hear all relevant comments.

Just out of curiosity, X-squared should not have rivets showing on the bridge piece like the Juliets correct? All the X-squared I've seen online recently (just bought a pair on the way) do not feature the rivets showing on he outside like Juliets and Penny's.

So were your X-squared "drilled" through to have the rivets showing? Forgive me but I am not familiar with all the models of the X-metal line....I very recently bought a pair because I was intrigued by them.

Just out of curiosity, X-squared should not have rivets showing on the bridge piece like the Juliets correct? All the X-squared I've seen online recently (just bought a pair on the way) do not feature the rivets showing on he outside like Juliets and Penny's.

So were your X-squared "drilled" through to have the rivets showing? Forgive me but I am not familiar with all the models of the X-metal line....I very recently bought a pair because I was intrigued by them.

X Squared do not have rivets, the outer nosebridge is smooth. Instead, the X Squared uses a type of set screw to hold the orbitals to the nosebridge from the inner side of the nosebridge.

He said xx not xs