• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Couple Tightness Level

Has anyone requested faux rivets for the XS yet?

No, I was referring to the poster who had a "complaint" about his sunglasses being too tight. I saw the picture and it looked like an X-squared. Turns out someone pointed out to me it's an "XX". I thought XX and X-squared were one in the same...you would think logically that would be the case lol.

Here is an example of a 1st & 3rd gen Juliet tab.....

8e5yte7y.jpg

1at Gen "square" tab

evytyner.jpg

Last edited:
say that in a year when you've wore them out...hehehehe

the flex couplers are incorporated because titanium doesn't really flex, so as you put them on the noggin they can move a bit.my idea works nice because they stay tight on the head, they still flex but not as mushy as factory. I wear mine in the pool and had sweat all over them for almost 2 years now and still, nice and tight. I kind of look at it as nothing good can come from loose parts .just because Oakley designers had an idea doesn't mean its the "end all beat all" idea. Like Jim said "everything in the world can and will be made better"
that's only my opinion and im stickin to it.

I almost wonder if I had my plasma's tightened by X-Man before I jumped into a river with a friend, if I would still have them to this day... RIP plasmas on the bottom of the river :(

- Kab

My apologies for complaining . The pair in question were one of the very first pairs I've done 2 years ago. I didn't have rivets and had to make custom rivits,and yes they were bad...hell... I would have gone to Oakley service too. I agree with what your saying and need to work on being a little more "thick skinned" when it comes to comments on my work good or bad. I guess I thought we were talking about a more recent pair I had done for you and you didn't like the tightness....but now I understand.

This is class. Taking accountability for your actions, good or bad is integrity. X-man shows his true mettle here.
I was always hesitant about sending a pair to the X-Man, even with the great reviews. After reading this, I can tell that he takes pride in his work, and was able to see that his old design was flawed. Since then it has been revamped and looks good.
When I need a tightening, I will definitely be sending mine in to the X-Man.

why these people rounded the tabs I don't know,im thinking the tool started wearing out and they didn't want to put anymore money into a phased out pair of frames. I wish somehow we could find a dude who worked at the factory and hit him up with a ****load of questions on the hows and whys.