• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not A Lot Of Discussion On The Zero Line

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
So I am putting together a wish list for my wife and dont see a lot of talk about the zero line. Is no one into them? Are they hard to find?

it depends on the generation, personally I don't like them, but they can be a pain to get specially the .3, expensive and very sought after by Old School Oakley connoisseurs

Anyone have a good suggestion on where I should keep an eye out for some .3 gens? On this site or maybe elsewhere?

I sold my pair years ago but am now regretting it... :sad:

They are all over on eBay... And I've been thinking about picking up a pair.
Only I want mine in mint condition in original box... :laugh:

Seems to be impossible.

Also I think there would be more discussion on them if there was a Vintage Section... But alas, they wont give us one!

I like the "New Zero" line with the classic frame position and Gen 2 o-matter earstems. The Zero S type frame position limits peripheral vision.

They are plagued by a design flaw - the lens material is too thin, so the flex is at the nosebridge. I never understood why they didn't make the polycarb the same thickness as the M frame lens so it is stiffer and the o-matter arms can do the bending. O-matter stands up to bending a lot better than polycarb.

Anyway. I have models all across the line, from the Sub Zero to the Zero S. I use them for solo sports where there is no risk of getting hit in the face.

Back