• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not Enough X Squareds Here!!!

canhoto

Oakley Beginner
So I went and bought one!!! :blink:

I went to a sunglass shop yesterday, just to try on some stuff, not even hoping to come across an x-metal because they simply can't be found in my country. Immediately I went to the O section and started trying on some O-matter frames. Then I came across an Inmate (Ducati - must have been a leftover). I was surprised because it's a rare find here. When I tried them on, the employee finally spoke to me and said: "Don't you want to try the latest top of the line from Oakley? They're about to replace the Juliet." - I thought to myself "this should be good", given the amount of knowledge sunglass shop employees usually have about Oakleys around here. Much to my surprise, there they were, behind the counter like a pair of renegades. Poor things!... A Pit Boss (the real surprise of the day but the thread isn't about them :tongue:) and a Ducati X Squared... Immediately, I started to salivate... They were the last pair out of three and were 20% off (which made them come down to about 290€). "Jesus Christ" was the first thing that came to my mind at that point. After much hesitation I just had to buy them. My wallet bellowed with pain... So... Here they are (bad pics though, sorry, my camera is a piece of crap):

dsc05038zc.jpg

dsc05040y.jpg

On to the not so happy part. I thought it was strange the guy telling me that the X-Squared were to replace the Juliet, so, as if I didn't hear that part, I asked him about them. His answer was that they didn't have them any more and couldn't even order more because Oakley was going to discontinue them? Wierd, I thought. Then again, like I said, people don't know much about Oakley around here, so I took it with a grain of salt.

sweet dude . . .
i like them a lot and those are on my to do list :eek:)

its kinda true, what the SGH sales guy said.

The Ducati Juliet is officially replaced by Ducati x-squared. Ducati Juliet has been discontinued.

The Ducati Juliet is officially replaced by Ducati x-squared. Ducati Juliet has been discontinued.

Yup, true statement. I dunno about Juliets ever being discontinued. It's the one style that has endured and stayed on the shelf over the years.

In any case, nice pick up on the Ducati X-Squared! Too bad i can't get the red rubbers for my polished carbon frame, otherwise i'd have a faux Ducati! :lol:

It wasn't SGH, it was a shop named Solaris (french franchise, I think). But maybe that's what he was talking about. I only asked for a pair of Juliets and he may have thought I was talking about Ducati Juliets and those were indeed replaced by the X Squared. Should've asked for a regular Juliet...

Now... If only I could get some sun outside...

Yup, true statement. I dunno about Juliets ever being discontinued. It's the one style that has endured and stayed on the shelf over the years.

In any case, nice pick up on the Ducati X-Squared! Too bad i can't get the red rubbers for my polished carbon frame, otherwise i'd have a faux Ducati! :lol:

Thanks ;)

I think there's a difference between Carbon frames and Polished Carbon ones though. Carbon is for the regular X Squared and Ducati version and the Polished Carbon is for the polarized lenses. However, I never managed to spot differences between the two.

ya! 12 years to be exact... since the first 04-110 x-metal/black iridium pair. And i'd say they continue for a few more years, since they just released the IH and 24K Juliets...

Latest Posts

Back