• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not Much Love For Zeros?

There u go then, just thought the zero hype died already. It's really tough getting some quality zeroes for a decent price.. But i guess the hunt is sorta the fun part. Like some members say, when they track down their grails, the hype sorta dies down..

It took me two years to find a pair of sub zeros that were BNIB quality with box and paperwork. As mentioned earlier most of us who like them don't part with them as easily, if at all, compared to other pairs.

I think another aspect is their fragile nature. The majority I have seen where they first came out suffered from the lens split at the nose. Between the earlier materials, and the habit for people to put them on their hats they met an early demise for the average buyer. Others are buried in a box because some of the outlandish designs quickly made them not cool for some. Of course those make it to ebay eventually and the prices suck lol.

Sent from my iPhone via satellite from outer frickin' space!

T'he subzeros and zeros were some of my first oakleys back in the 90s and yes, they were fragile, specially when snowboarding in them and you are 20 something...

I was just lucky to found a pair last week kept in a box since the shop that use to sell them closed in 96. I cannot wait get them :) I will post pics :)

For me Zeros are what Oakley is all about!

The Zero range is what made Oakley throughout the early nineties!

No extreme sports person would wear anything else!

I have nearly the whole range except 0.2 & 0.3s... There is no way I would sell any of them.

Also, a lot of todays Oakley wearers don't even remember the Zero range.

Oakley did reply to one of my tweets a few weeks back, saying they were considering a new range of Zeros!! :)

Fingers crossed!

BNIB Zeros go for top dollar!

T'he subzeros and zeros were some of my first oakleys back in the 90s and yes, they were fragile, specially when snowboarding in them and you are 20 something...

I was just lucky to found a pair last week kept in a box since the shop that use to sell them closed in 96. I cannot wait get them :) I will post pics :)

My 0.5s are on their way :D

Here is a pair I have. I got these off CL for $50 but I had to drive 160 miles round trip.

null_zps0807ba5f.jpg

Hahaha - I drove almost exactly 160 miles round trip back in August to pick up a pair of nearly perfect Zero 0.7s.... They were a bargain.. The chap was asking £25 but I felt guilty and gave him £30 :)

Back