• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not Necessarily Sunglasses, But Do You Think Anyone Would Buy This?

thatoakleyguy

Oakley Expert
VA
So I sent in my Transformer 3D Gascans for a warranty repair. Well I was putting them back in the collection today and suddenly realized that they sent me another Transformers box.

I sent them in with their bag and well packed without a box. So now I have an extra special edition box.

You guys think anyone would buy just the box? And for how much?

I'd think only Oakley collectors who had a damaged box or missing box would bite. As a TF collector I don't think there's much interest in just the box.

Yeah didn't think so. Just realized I got another soft bag too. Kinda cool... too bad they didn't throw in an extra 3d frame haha.

My fiance' told me to "throw it away, it's just a box"

Clearly she doesn't understand my obsession... yet

You could sit on it and in the future, when the frames are sold out and people are selling on ebay without boxes, you could offer the box up. I've seen X Metal XX boxes list for $100 themselves.

I don't think its worth all that much right now, the glasses are still available online and don’t seem as popular as the Tron Legacy edition. Might be worth hanging on to as others have said, in case some it looking for a replacement from a damaged box. I hate to say it, but someone trying to pass off fakes would probably want the box and bag too. Although they fake those now as well.

Did it ever occur to you that you just got a fresh pair ? The pair they sent you definitely isn't the pair you sent in for repair, if you ask me.

possibly, but why replace a whole frame for a simple lens issue? the lenses were coming separated from the 3D film.

It's for sure possible, but it doesn't make financial sense to replace a whole frame, ya know?

Latest Posts

Back