• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not sure if I am a shelf Whore!!

Two wheeled Hound

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello me Dearios..

I am new to the forum, hope I am posting in the right place?? The term shelf whore is an interesting one, I think I have a bit of whoring in my blood, maybe we all have. But I want to join the No Shelf Whores club!! Do you need to be invited?

I started collecting Oakleys with my 12yr old son Jack, most of the collection we have bought to wear, BUT 2 or 3 pairs we don't wear as they are minta roony!! Does that make us a couple of whores? How are we ever going to get invited into the No SW club??

Have we all got a bit of the shelf whore in us?? Surely you guys don't expect us to wear those Jordans and what?? throw the box away!!

Here is a pic of some of the collection...

IMG_8092.JPG

Oh. And even if it's one pair and you never wear it you can call yourself whatever you want but you're either one or the other and you are what you are (like Popeye says)

One per day sometimes two on special occasions. there will always be a pair in everyone's collection that they love so much they will not wear. or they buy two of that one to display the other. I have a few like this. plus there are a couple I shouldn't wear just because they are so prone to damage.

The sun shines infrequently here in the UK but I did wear some Carbon print M Frames today on my bike but of course only with a clear lens. Oakley Frank, I must admit the ones I don't wear are for fear of damaging or devaluing them, that's not wrong is it?. What about you?
I don't wear anything I purchased because all I do is buy them and then store them away. I have stuff displayed also. Never enough room. I have specifically 2 pairs that I wear daily and that's all.

Latest Posts

Back