• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Notification always says "*membername* started a thread..." even though it is not a new thread

Within the site. The notification just above yours is a thread created yesterday morning that was just bumped this morning:

FBE5FCBC-1BA2-4523-8024-1490AB6172B8.jpeg

And email notification, too:

9536808D-B973-435E-BD31-606A6C89C997.jpeg

instead of "*membername* replied to the thread ... you are watching".
Yeah I’ve had this happen multiple times. I’ve also gotten email alerts that don’t show the posters ID name anymore. Idk If that’s suppose to be the new thing or not.

I just realized what's occurring here - These threads are edited in the first post. So tracing back the times and posts - it isn't a reply. It's that the thread owner went in and edited the original post - therefore it's classified as a "Started a thread" and reposted almost.

Will look into potentially changing the logic/phrasing but it's not as widespread as I thought - man this was driving me crazy

I just realized what's occurring here - These threads are edited in the first post. So tracing back the times and posts - it isn't a reply. It's that the thread owner went in and edited the original post - therefore it's classified as a "Started a thread" and reposted almost.

Will look into potentially changing the logic/phrasing but it's not as widespread as I thought - man this was driving me crazy

Good you figured it out.

Back