• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Now Homeless Thanks Oakley!!!!

Hornet you are so awesome! Don't worry I already spent all the money you sent me × 10 lol

Haha this made me laugh, I think my wife will be kicking me out soon too is there any more cardboar boxes going save me one I will swap it for a MF bag

Funny story and imagery mate!

You are building up quite the collection dude!

Love those Custom Coppers!

Do you plan on doing any more custom work?

Some of the heavy-hitters on the Forum have taken Customisation to the next level of late, so impressed by some of the results. Amazing that older frames are kept fresh by a bit of tweaking and a whole lotta love!

Those @Chris A Hardaway cut lenses tempted me big time, plus he is such a great guy to deal with.

You will have to show them off when you get them, which frame do you plan on putting them in, dude?

Thanks for the replies y'all. To be honest I just read it again and laughed myself, lol!!! I agree, the skill of many of the members here make collecting these pieces of history even more fun. Not sure yet on the Red Iridium from Chris, I think they would look good in just about every frame color. Leaning towards the carbon or x metal frames at the moment. I also just received a pair of the Revant Elite lenses in Stealth Black that are very dark and I think they may look good in the Carbon frame as well. Sometimes I will just lay them out on the bed, with all my lenses, and just start trying this with that and see what comes of it. I'm not really big on green lenses, but when I got that pair from Mr. Bonz where he polished the orbitals to a mirror finish and he anodized the stems in this awesome bluish, green, even purple color. Depending on the lighting and the angle the colors change and blend together, or maybe it was that clear liquid in the Mason jar that did it??? All I know is when the green mirror lenses were in, I threw on a set of green rubbers I have had forever and now they are one of my favorite pairs.

I have been wanting to send Zach a frame to anodize in that killer blue that matches the DWP lenses perfectly, for awhile now. I think that combo is one of the sharpest Juliets I have ever seen and I won't stop until I have one just like it. Truth be told every single one of the last 4 pairs purchased were going to be the one I send to Zach. But after they arrived and condition was far better than what I thought I just couldn't see stripping them down for the ano job, so they just went in the case. This morning I woke up with a crazy idea, I have been wanting to try a pair of the X Squared for years now. I'm now thinking about doing the blue ano and DWP lenses on an X Squared frame instead of the Julie. How cool would that be? Can't say I have ever seen this one done before. I may start a thread and ask if anyone has a photo of that combo. I think the cheapest way out would to just buy an anodized pair with the lenses and already done. But you don't see these come up for sale that often, and if they do, they are picked up quick. Who knows what tomorrow holds, right? Thanks to all the great forum members here, those I have given large sums of money to and all the rest that I still need to send large sums of money to. I've been on the forum for a bit and haven't had an issue with anyone. For someone as rough around the edges and half baked as I am, that sort of thing don't happen very often, lol!!!!
Later
NCH

Yeah X Metals tend to have that effect on people. Glad to hear about your recent purchases. They people here are great and that’s why I hang out here so often.

Haha @NCHornet I didn't say that did I?! I thought I only talked that way to @Litos
I'll definitely be driving through your city soon. Looking, searching for the guy with the Cowboy Hat stinking up the town like a Mac Fry. But like you said, balling should always start with some dope sunglasses!

Back