• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Now it's Elite...

And of course the Ice Polar treatment for a Tron Pit Bo
423197_392513277427031_302052839806409_1522598_46063323_n.jpg

These are sick. I'd buy that pair

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Fire Polar in a Boss??? Yeah, been there, done that. Although not visible, these are etched from the rear of the lens. I don't know why Oakley does that, and most of the time they are warranty replacements that come that way, but these were over the counter retail purchased lenses...Either way, Pit Boss screams out for a Fire treatment...

Although not visible, these are etched from the rear of the lens. I don't know why Oakley does that, and most of the time they are warranty replacements that come that way, but these were over the counter retail purchased lenses...Either way, Pit Boss screams out for a Fire treatment...
Some of the Iridium lens treatments craze easier than others so they will sometimes print or etch the back to doubly ensure the front of the lens doesn't have problems. Most of the lenses from warranty come that way so there's one less potential problem for the redone lenses. Even if a lens might not be one of the more fragile Iridium coatings, some other colors sometimes get mixed into a batch that goes through that process instead of the regular front side etching process.

i have had all 3 colors: Pos Red, Fire, and Ice all have them on both the inside and outside, so it's just odd. Most that have them inside have been warranty, but this last pair was retail and came that way lol. Just an observation. I have a pic I snapped that I will post. Nothing worse than a armchair know it all telling me my stuff is fake because of the random etching lol

How about the Infinite Hero Pit Boss....But it was trimmed to fit properly...lol

Latest Posts

Back