• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Now You Think Batwolfs Are Cheap?

I'm not sure what to make of that pair. Looking at the seller's history he hasn't sold anything else Oakley related recently, looks like mostly helicopters and misc stuff from around the house. That begs the questions of how these were acquired, whether they are real carbon fiber, if they were even made by Oakley, and if so are they truly 1 of 1.

First of all there are some things that make me question if it could actually be carbon fiber or if it is dipped or coated somehow. If you look closely at some of the pictures you can see that the section of the stems that meets the orbitals to form the hinge is a different material or at the very least a different finish. To me the hinge looks to be regular plastic/O-Matter. Why Oakley would go through the trouble of making a carbon fiber pair and then leave the weakest point an inferior material is beyond me, making me think it isn't genuine.

The second thing that is off to me is the frame that was chosen for this. I'm sure the Batwolf frame has been a decent seller for Oakley but it's hard to imagine them spending the time to develop a carbon frame for a shield type lens that the average person isn't going to buy.

Third, the icons seem to have a gap showing on them. Not that a Prototype is going to be perfect, but you have to think Oakley would have a little better quality than that if they were thinking about marketing something along those lines.

It all seems pretty sketchy to me. If I cared at all for that frame I'd send the guy a message to get some answers but I've never cared for the Batwolf anyway.

seems to be from the guy that did the Carbon Fiber Juliet some years ago. Real carbon, but not real clean. $750, he's got about $60 in materials outside the lens I think...Cool idea, but still not my cup of tea lol. his keyword spam is gonna get him pinched though. Not necessarily Oakley's prototype, but his lol.

Guaranteed the guy made those and they are real carbon fiber. Its not impossible if you know how to work with the stuff.

I have these now. I bought them after the seller and I had a real long talk about these. I too was very skeptical. I wanted the back story and made him text me a bunch more photos. These are 100% real carbon fiber through and through, and made very well. The pictures don't do it justice. They were made very strong and sturdy. The carbon fiber was built up pretty thick, so there is no flex in them whatsoever. They weight 10 grams more than the normal Batwolfs. They also fit a little tighter on the head which is fine for me. I have 4 pair of Batwolfs and these are by far my favorite pair. You have no idea how sick these things are. Here is the story on them. My buddy works for Oakley and these prototypes were made for a promo and went on promo tours with Lamborghini. They were going to be sold as an option when you bought a Lambo. They didn't take off due to the high time and cost of manufacturing. Over 2 grand apparently was what they were going to be sold for. They refined the process now with the Elite Carbon 6C. Which is milled from a solid block of carbon fiber, way faster and cheaper to make, but doesn't have that Carbon Fiber look like you get with these. I post some better pictures soon.

I have these now. I bought them after the seller and I had a real long talk about these. I too was very skeptical. I wanted the back story and made him text me a bunch more photos. These are 100% real carbon fiber through and through, and made very well. The pictures don't do it justice. They were made very strong and sturdy. The carbon fiber was built up pretty thick, so there is no flex in them whatsoever. They weight 10 grams more than the normal Batwolfs. They also fit a little tighter on the head which is fine for me. I have 4 pair of Batwolfs and these are by far my favorite pair. You have no idea how sick these things are. Here is the story on them. My buddy works for Oakley and these prototypes were made for a promo and went on promo tours with Lamborghini. They were going to be sold as an option when you bought a Lambo. They didn't take off due to the high time and cost of manufacturing. Over 2 grand apparently was what they were going to be sold for. They refined the process now with the Elite Carbon 6C. Which is milled from a solid block of carbon fiber, way faster and cheaper to make, but doesn't have that Carbon Fiber look like you get with these. I post some better pictures soon.

That's all very nice, but the batwolf came out after the c6... So this line:

"They refined the process now with the Elite Carbon 6C."

Is complete bull.

Back