• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

O-Matter ‘Spring Hinge’

Norlake

Oakley Beginner
I just bought a new pair of Drop Points and I’ve noticed with all my O-Matter frames that there is a spring like behavior that snaps the ear stems open.

One side of my new frames works perfectly, but the other is sticky and doesn’t spring open. I was reading that using some graphite to lube up the area might be an option, but I’m wondering if these could be defective.

I’d say it’s not an issue. It’ll loosen up a bit. The sticky ear stem.
Do you think the graphite would hurt? I’m just worried that I’ll wait to see if it improves and then find it hasn’t gotten better.

Every pair I’ve had is perfect out of the box—especially the spring behavior.

You could use a little dawn dish soap too on the hinge. That makes the hinge pivot smoother without squeaking and is pretty ‘non-invasive’ on the frame? Just an idea

You could use a little dawn dish soap too on the hinge. That makes the hinge pivot smoother without squeaking and is pretty ‘non-invasive’ on the frame? Just an idea
The idea behind the graphite is that it won’t attract dust and dirt into the hinge like a normal lubricant would.

Back