• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

O review

Only Dann has access to the the actual site backend. I and a few others here maintain the database but that’s as far as our permissions can take us. I’ll see if I can get ahold of him
well it must be a fair bit of work / effort and cost to keeping it going, wether updating the database or the technical side of things. Sure the users wouldnt mind a contribution if it helps. Its so invaluable its amazing its free to access.

Dann has stated in the past he would not take money. At least the last time it went down a few years ago, that was the case. I don't want to speak for him but I think that blurs the lines between it being his passion project and being a business.

As far as maintenance of the site, as @ZCForge stated, a few of us handle most of the database entry but everything else is handled by Dann. In all honesty none of us would be able to help him with that much anyway since the code is custom and written by Dann.

Ok, Dann just got back to me. There was a change in the network configuration on the server that’s hosting OR which caused it to go down. He’s actively working on getting it back up. The good news is the site and database is fine so right now it’s just a matter of time till it’s back.

Ok, Dann just got back to me. There was a change in the network configuration on the server that’s hosting OR which caused it to go down. He’s actively working on getting it back up. The good news is the site and database is fine so right now it’s just a matter of time till it’s back.
Good to hear it is just a matter of time. But yeah still down at this point. Hopefully back soon. I did down load a recent backup of my collection but makes me think to do that more often in the future.

Back