• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

O-Review

What is with all they hype about being a member on O-Review? I agree it is a great resource, but why would you want to be a member of a site that has a limited membership. I would think that would eliminate some of the posts/conversations/suggestions/comments that you can get on this forum.

If you have to try for months at a time to get a repsonse from someone to join a website.....it is not worth it.

Just my opinion.

What is with all they hype about being a member on O-Review? I agree it is a great resource, but why would you want to be a member of a site that has a limited membership. I would think that would eliminate some of the posts/conversations/suggestions/comments that you can get on this forum.

If you have to try for months at a time to get a repsonse from someone to join a website.....it is not worth it.

Just my opinion.

The guys on there really help each other out to get the pieces they looking for. It is abit of a boys club, but most forums are. If you can get in, i would suggest doing don. Dann is a very helpful guy, he has gone far and beyond to help me in the past.

I joined this forum because it was up for discussion on there.

One of the main reasons I created this site was because the O-review is so closed off, also I feel that it has become somewhat outdated. Not in the information but in the website, the information is amazing, but the website is straight out of the 90's.

I have to comment on this.......Its been on my mind for awhile......I believe its crazy to limit a site to a few select members, information is useless unless its shared. There are some collectors out there of different kinds of items, some much more valuable then Oakley, that share info on forums that help members out. I belong to several forums and if it wasn't for the members and their love for their collections, vehicles, or talent/knowledge that they have and wanted to share , I would not have learned the things from them or shared what I have.... Sometimes people have many things to offer. Yes I can understand their are trolls and people that just like to start problems, or cheat other members. But in life these thing can happen, a good moderator and members who watch a board can regulate this. I think OakleyBoss has done a great thing for us, for creating this site. For example...... If you created a site for Porsche owners, wouldn't you want porsche mechanics and Porsche enthusiast to be part of it also?

I am sure that their are some talented members on here that have some seriously mad skills that could assist others. Or at least be able to point people in the right direction.... If I see a post that is directly related to something I have knowledge about I will chime in to provide any assistance I can. Remember anyone, and I mean anyone can buy Oakley and store it into a case, sell it, trade it, etc... Whats the big deal in the end, that you have a big bad Oakley collection..... Its the challenge of finding it, the fun to collect it ,and the time to enjoy it and share it with others........

I have to comment on this.......Its been on my mind for awhile......I believe its crazy to limit a site to a few select members, information is useless unless its shared. There are some collectors out there of different kinds of items, some much more valuable then Oakley, that share info on forums that help members out. I belong to several forums and if it wasn't for the members and their love for their collections, vehicles, or talent/knowledge that they have and wanted to share , I would not have learned the things from them or shared what I have.... Sometimes people have many things to offer. Yes I can understand their are trolls and people that just like to start problems, or cheat other members. But in life these thing can happen, a good moderator and members who watch a board can regulate this. I think OakleyBoss has done a great thing for us, for creating this site. For example...... If you created a site for Porsche owners, wouldn't you want porsche mechanics and Porsche enthusiast to be part of it also?

I am sure that their are some talented members on here that have some seriously mad skills that could assist others. Or at least be able to point people in the right direction.... If I see a post that is directly related to something I have knowledge about I will chime in to provide any assistance I can. Remember anyone, and I mean anyone can buy Oakley and store it into a case, sell it, trade it, etc... Whats the big deal in the end, that you have a big bad Oakley collection..... Its the challenge of finding it, the fun to collect it ,and the time to enjoy it and share it with others........

Nicely put

The guys on there really help each other out to get the pieces they looking for. It is abit of a boys club, but most forums are. If you can get in, i would suggest doing don. Dann is a very helpful guy, he has gone far and beyond to help me in the past.

I joined this forum because it was up for discussion on there.
I am sure that Dann is a very helpful guy, I am also sure that the guys on that forum help each other out. But you are limited to the number of people you can help, by the limited number of people you can reach.....but maybe that is the reason behind the limited membership on that site.

There is alot of oakley staff on there who help guys out with afew selected items. I know, I was one of them. I always suggested the site to clients and so do most reps. As it has been said, its a great search tool.

There is a collector I know in the UK, who has the largest collection of eyewear ive ever seen. And he hasn't got an account on there! Ive been trying to get him on here. But he is old school, more into paper and pen!

There must be a reason why its so tight!

In my opinion I am not sure why they would need to open up their membership. I think both sites serve their purpose and I do not want their function to overlap. The O "Review" is the repository of knowledge and database of reviews while the Oakley "Forum" is a message board for everyone. I would not want to come on both sites and read the same thing. Just my opinion.

I like the exclusivity of the OR personally. The group has limited membership for certain reasons established by OR staff and I respect that. Both sites serve a great purpose and we should enjoy and use them both.

Latest Posts

Back