• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakely Radar Path Lens Changing Question

Tim7

Oakley Beginner
Are regular Radar Path "not" Radarlock path lenses to install and uninstall difficult? I am leaning toward the regular Radars because I do not want the vents for cycling and because some of the Radarlock path that I would like are vented, such as the photochromic. Does Oakely let you actually use them, say for cycling, and if you are not satisfied with them return them, and how long is the trial period?

Thanks,
Tim

yeah, at first I was real hesitant to change the lenses on my Radars (I have two Radar frames and 5 different sets of lenses I can use)...

I would be real careful and try not to bend the frame as much - I was real careful with my new $280 glasses...

but now, I handle those things like Hulk choking Abomination.......

easiest way I can explain:

(1) face the glasses toward you
(2) your index fingers should be behind the top of the frame for support purposes
(3) with your thumbs, squeeze the nose bridge together, then slide your thumbs down underneath the nose bridge and push up...
(4) lenses come right off

I can swap lenses within 10-12 seconds now, even though they seem harder to put back on than they do taking off....

p.s.

I just went through a few lens swaps at my computer desk and found out that my Black Iridium Polarized lenses DO fit inside of my RadarLocks.......

but the lenses that are made for RadarLocks WILL NOT fit into the Radars.....

You can make Radar lenses fit Radarlock--but you are essentially losing most, if not all, of the ANSI Z87.1 impact resistance.

Oakley gives you 90 days to rerun or exchange so long as the lens and frame are both still pristine and show no signs of use.

They fit, but they aren't a correct fit. The Radarlock frame is designed to "lock" that lens in. Without it, you lose the full impact protection.

Just to clarify--I'm not saying that the lens is no longer impact resistant. I'm saying that the frame and lens is no longer up to ANSI Z87.1 standards because the lens could potentially eject from the frame upon impact.

They fit, but they aren't a correct fit. The Radarlock frame is designed to "lock" that lens in. Without it, you lose the full impact protection.
when I put my BIP in the Locks, there was zero movement/flex in the lens.....

after I put it in there, I hit it with the cloth and felt no give on each side....

the actual RadarLock Lens has a tiny bit of play in it when I clean it (I can hear it going *click click click* each time I swipe it from side to side), but the Radar BIP does not...

I suppose some lenses could be manufactured slightly different than others. In my experiences, my Radar lenses just don't fit in my Radarlock frames. Even at the nose bridge.

Back