• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley 4.0 Case LED Light Replacement Bulb

Just spoke with @Blondie and found out that the pigtail of the old assembly needs to be spliced to the replacement LED's base pins.
20200430_142022.jpg

Dug up a few spare LED bulbs originally purchased for my 3.0 so I had to grind the outer rim down to make it fit the 4.0 housing but it works. It won't have the gimbal function though which is fine with my setup since I beam the light straight down anyway.

Just spoke with @Blondie and found out that the pigtail of the old assembly needs to be spliced to the replacement LED's base pins. View attachment 731821

Dug up a few spare LED bulbs originally purchased for my 3.0 so I had to grind the outer rim down to make it fit the 4.0 housing but it works. It won't have the gimbal function though which is fine with my setup since I beam the light straight down anyway.

perfect... thanks for the good info here. time to get to work on these now.

Just spoke with @Blondie and found out that the pigtail of the old assembly needs to be spliced to the replacement LED's base pins. View attachment 731821

Did you happen to take any other pictures of the process? (I realize its an old thread) Did that MR11 bulb fit in the housing ?

Back