• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley A wire

Just picked up from "Mercari" (the phone trader app,) a nice pair of vintage A wires, got them for a whopping $24, the guy was asking $40. I asked if he would take $30 so he did, I had a $10 coupon off so it was a total of $24. I am going to make these my violet irridium lense glasses, they currently have prescriptions in therm now..
Congrats

Well here is the pics, I am looking for lenses, so can anyone tell if they are the a wire
Screenshot_2017-08-17-10-04-47-1.png
20170816_230009.png
20170816_225932.png

1.0 or the awire 2.0 or are they the same lenses?

One of my favourite frames of all time. Shame my big old melon head is too big for them. Hasn't stopped me buying three pairs of them though.....

i really like the old vintage oakleys, as i guess I am vintage myself, 51 and going strong as ever, LOL , kinda oldschool i guess, I have an old '74 Harley that still runs and rides great, it has a major design overhaul, its a old Ironhead sporty, but it lookslike a huge "Cholo" bike they call them, huge 21" apehangers, big fatbob dual tanks, and long "streetsweeper" fenders, shes a beaut...

Nothing wrong with Vintage, me old mate. Sounds like your bike is a bit if a head-turner! Those A-Wires are first gen I do believe, the Earsocks got smaller on later gen models. Replacements for the Earsocks on your model are as rare as Hens teeth!

Nothing wrong with Vintage, me old mate. Sounds like your bike is a bit if a head-turner! Those A-Wires are first gen I do believe, the Earsocks got smaller on later gen models. Replacements for the Earsocks on your model are as rare as Hens teeth!
-/:;()$&@"$)(;::))&@@&$ Rubbers!!!!

They do have a "Special" name, which eludes me at the moment.... I will find out and report back.... the good news is you can use later gen socks on these A-Wires, they don't have the little groove to hold them in place but they work just fine.

Latest Posts

Back