• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley airbrakes - little "cracks"

Maciej

Oakley Beginner
I have bought my Jade prizm oakley airbrake goggle last year, and I have recently noticed that the lens has sever small scratches and spots where the lens coating has been damaged... looks like a tiny stone might have hit the goggles a few times, or they simply got hit by someone causing slight damage.

Do you guys think it is worth investing in a new lens (ca. 100 EUR...)? I can see fine, if I really try hard I can see small distortions around where the main scratches are. The most annoying thing is that it slioghtly ruins the aesthetics and wow-factor of the lens...

Goggles often take a bit of a beating. Use the lens until the damage gets annoying and then replace it. Usually some good deals late in winter so if you can wait a few months it will probably be worth it. Not too many people sit and gaze at my goggles so I don't mind scratches that aren't visible from the inside:cool::p

I am not sure about the experience of others, but I've noticed that my prizm airbrake lens are FAR more prone to scratches than the traditional lens. Totally anecdotal but that's my experience so far.

Usually the non iridium lenses scratch less and my Prizm Rose lens looks flawless after a bit of use. My Prizm black hasn't seen much use, so it is hard to say yet. Hope they are durable since replacement lenses are a bit expensive...

Back