• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Airwave

I ran these this year (they've been out for a few years now and are probably starting to get hard to find). They fit nice with the Mod5 helmet and aren't much noticeably heavier than normal goggles. Field of view is good, comparable to an Airbrake. Battery life isn't the greatest; about 4 or 5 hours so next year I'll run a micro USB to a battery pack in my pocket to keep them charging.

Some of the apps are pretty neat and the maps for your resort download instantly upon your arrival. Other apps can tell you what runs/lifts are open, etc. I only messed around with the go pro viewfinder once and it was pretty cool. You could use it essentially as a rear view mirror if you helmet mount the cam backwards.

I did have a pretty good crash in which the arm of the display broke so as of right now they are with warranty *hopefully* being fixed. A couple buttons on the remote didn't work from new either which is also being addressed by warranty (more so on Recon than Oakley). All in all pretty cool but try find them on sale as the $700 Canadian price tag is a little much.

I ran these this year (they've been out for a few years now and are probably starting to get hard to find). They fit nice with the Mod5 helmet and aren't much noticeably heavier than normal goggles. Field of view is good, comparable to an Airbrake. Battery life isn't the greatest; about 4 or 5 hours so next year I'll run a micro USB to a battery pack in my pocket to keep them charging.

Some of the apps are pretty neat and the maps for your resort download instantly upon your arrival. Other apps can tell you what runs/lifts are open, etc. I only messed around with the go pro viewfinder once and it was pretty cool. You could use it essentially as a rear view mirror if you helmet mount the cam backwards.

I did have a pretty good crash in which the arm of the display broke so as of right now they are with warranty *hopefully* being fixed. A couple buttons on the remote didn't work from new either which is also being addressed by warranty (more so on Recon than Oakley). All in all pretty cool but try find them on sale as the $700 Canadian price tag is a little much.
Wow! Thanks for sharing this!

Although the price at Steep and Cheap seems attractive, my most recent experience buying from them was quite disappointing. I was buying a somewhat similar item, goggles with built-in electronics, and here's a brief summary of what happened to me:
  • the item Steep and Cheap sent was clearly a return, not a new item
  • the electronics were Dead On Arrival
  • Steep and Cheap fought to prevent me from returning the item
  • Steep and Cheap never refunded all of my money.
That was my recent experience with Steep and Cheap. Hopefully others will avoid the difficulties I encountered with them.

Although the price at Steep and Cheap seems attractive, my most recent experience buying from them was quite disappointing. I was buying a somewhat similar item, goggles with built-in electronics, and here's a brief summary of what happened to me:
  • the item Steep and Cheap sent was clearly a return, not a new item
  • the electronics were Dead On Arrival
  • Steep and Cheap fought to prevent me from returning the item
  • Steep and Cheap never refunded all of my money.
That was my recent experience with Steep and Cheap. Hopefully others will avoid the difficulties I encountered with them.

Wow, thanks for this, always good to have a heads up. I attempted to make a purchase but nearly all brands they carry will not ship to Canada.

Back