• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Airwave

Although the price at Steep and Cheap seems attractive, my most recent experience buying from them was quite disappointing. I was buying a somewhat similar item, goggles with built-in electronics, and here's a brief summary of what happened to me:
  • the item Steep and Cheap sent was clearly a return, not a new item
  • the electronics were Dead On Arrival
  • Steep and Cheap fought to prevent me from returning the item
  • Steep and Cheap never refunded all of my money.
That was my recent experience with Steep and Cheap. Hopefully others will avoid the difficulties I encountered with them.
Damn. That's why I use PayPal for everything. That sucks!

Mine does not charge anymore! What to do?

Don’t bother with Oakley warranty unless you just want a credit as Airwave is no longer supported by Recon (parts no longer available and as best I can tell Recon is all but defunct after being purchased by Intel).

Does the red light on the side illuminate when you plug them in to charge? My goggles were dead after last season and when I plugged them in to charge, the red light illuminated but they wouldn’t power on, even after several hours of a charge. I was just using a random micro USB cable and plug in cube to charge the goggles.

I then used the actual micro USB cable and charger the goggles came with and they powered on. I have run into this problem with different micro USB cables before on other devices; apparently they are not all created equal.

Please try using the cable and charger that your goggles came with and let me know.

Last edited:
Don’t bother with Oakley warranty unless you just want a credit as Airwave is no longer supported by Recon (parts no longer available and as best I can tell Recon is all but defunct after being purchased by Intel).

Does the red light on the side illuminate when you plug them in to charge? My goggles were dead after last season and when I plugged them in to charge, the red light illuminated but they wouldn’t power on, even after several hours of a charge. I was just using a random micro USB cable and plug in cube to charge the goggles.

I then used the actual micro USB cable and charger the goggles came with and they powered on. I have run into this problem with different micro USB cables before on other devices; apparently they are not all created equal.

Please try using the cable and charger that your goggles came with and let me know.
I will

Does the red light above the charge port illuminate steady or does it flash when plugged in and charging?

It is not so much a matter of time spent charging but rather using the correct cable and plug in. You will know within minutes once you are using the correct cable as the goggles should power on quite quickly after being plugged in.

Again, are you using the Recon USB cable and charger that came with the goggles?

Last edited:
Does the red light above the charge port illuminate steady or does it flash when plugged in and charging?

It is not so much a matter of time spent charging but rather using the correct cable and plug in. You will know within minutes once you are using the correct cable as the goggles should power on quite quickly after being plugged in.

Again, are you using the Recon USB cable and charger that came with the goggles?

Yes i charge with original cable and the red light is constant

Latest Posts

Back