• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

@Joe Momma - we will only do business with you if you remove or formally redact the cease and desist letter that @Chris A Hardaway has in his possession...

If you can't do that, then we have made zero progress...
That's basically it. Thanks for putting that out there. Again other cutters can do what they want I guess. But not me.

To be honest I'm still not totally comfortable cutting their lenses. But perhaps other cutters will feel more comfortable now. It does sound like you can order lenses for frames like the Cobra or Phoenix online. Trent and the staff at Dillon have probably gone through some changes to make things more friendly and give even better customer service. As we all know the quality of their frames and lenses is top-notch. Whether Oakley fans like the styling or not is another question. I won't be cutting lenses by Dillon Optics without a verbal or written documentation that I couldn't be threatened for such services. Sorry guys the history is still there for me. But again I'd say be my guest to contact Dillon, sounds like they're changing their philosophy. Lens cost is about $140/ pair for the premium NIR matte Polarized plastic. I believe the Active? Non Polarized 6 base curved, Polycarbonate matte lenses are <$90/ pair. They'd look great in Sliver, Holbrook, Holbrook Mix, Houston or Fuel Cell. @Joe Momma may certainly be legit and a gentleman.
Oh man, that just made me think of a pair of custom gascans I have that would look great with red. I’ll have to see if they have red in the active...

Be interested in getting a few pairs, but lets see how easy purchase is first.

@Joe Momma - we will only do business with you if you remove or formally redact the cease and desist letter that @Chris A Hardaway has in his possession...

If you can't do that, then we have made zero progress...

...and that means we will still find ways to get these lenses, cut them and install them with or without your help...
Maybe I'm missing something. I buy a set of dillons and send to Chris to chop. They find out and send him a ****ty letter. Isn't this my property? I can do whatever the **** I want with it. It's no different than buying a brand new car then taking it to the shop to get engine work done. Sure your warranty may be void but it's still your car and can do whatever you want to it.

I spoke to Trent yesterday, it was done by one of the employees of the company, they admit their mistake, and aknowledge that the threat has no merit. They want to personally apologize to @Chris A Hardaway , and start a relationship with Oakley enthusiasts to sell lenses, for us to chop them to pieces, or do whatever we want with them. Lets have an open mind, and accept their friendly and transparent approach to us. I have dealt with Trent in the past, and he has always been very friendly
I am all for it. Just seems fishy lol.

Maybe I'm missing something. I buy a set of dillons and send to Chris to chop. They find out and send him a ****ty letter. Isn't this my property? I can do whatever the **** I want with it. It's no different than buying a brand new car then taking it to the shop to get engine work done. Sure your warranty may be void but it's still your car and can do whatever you want to it.
Maui Jim has sortve the same policy .. if you want prescription sunglass lenses they have to go into a Maui Jim frame..

I wanted their glass rose lens in one of my Oakley’s and Maui Jim labs wouldn’t do it ..

I was initially, but after having a conversation with him, I have no doubt it's for real. If you think about it, they were missing a very big opportunity, and probably finally realized it. I own 78 Dillon lenses at the moment, and reaaly like them. Can't wait for them to release some new colors of the NIR lenses (more matte than the non polarized)
78 really. Do you even own any Oakley lenses lol

I really think I’m gonna have to cave and try to get at least one R1 and XX pair of Dillons..

anyone have blue ones for sale lol ...

I was sceptical initially, but after having a conversation with him, I have no doubt it's for real. If you think about it, they were missing a very big opportunity, and probably finally realized it. I own 8 Dillon lenses at the moment, and reaaly like them. Can't wait for them to release some new colors of the NIR lenses (more matte than the non polarized)
It's all bullshit until the owner (or someone that has waaaay more authority than a basic sales rep) formally redacts that stupid cease and desist letter that was issued (probably by a basic bitch employee that thought he was going to show off his typing skills)...

it's probably not even a real letter 🙄

Back