• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

I got away with it once. Second time I tried they contacted me and told me they would do replacements if I had the original lens.

@htrap2294 - I think it would only be fair for you to disclose your retinal tears in your review thread...

That was clearly omitted from your review and I can say ITS QUITE IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW lol...

@htrap2294 - I think it would only be fair for you to disclose your retinal tears in your review thread...

That was clearly omitted from your review and I can say ITS QUITE IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW lol...

They don’t affect visibility, bro. That’s not how a retinal tear works. It just means my eyes can be strained more easily. I did say it was a subjective opinion.

Detachment can cause you to go blind, not tears. If the tear develops into a detachment then I can, which is why I wear sunglasses most of the time. Sudden flashes of light can turn the tear into detachment. Eye fatigue can stress them moreso. That’s why I said my opinion is a personal one and by no means reflects on other’s opinions.

Think of a rubber band with holes in it. Pull it far enough and those holes turn into detachment.
Yep, if you suddenly see flashing bright lights, then you could be having a retinal detachment, and it's a medical emergency because it leads to blindness. I'm in the same boat. I'm at risk due to severe myopia. Is that the same cause for you, @htrap2294? Any hard knock to the head can make the risk of retinal detachment high.

Back