• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and what is truly OEM

ianmacleod11

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
I’m confused about racing jackets and water jackets and there colours that are offered. I thought all the official colours and specs where on o review? I see there’s so many different colours out there and wondered if they are truly official. The same goes for Oakley lenses some have an o etched into them and some have nothing at all? Can anyone elaborate on this. Just looking for truly OEM models. You see models mismatched with there lenses and frames according to what’s on o review? What’s up here

Those frames are way out of my knowledge. But I do know If you buy any of what you're looking for here, you're guaranteed legit. Or you will at least leave here with the knowledge you're looking for.

OReview is far from complete, but what is listed is usually quite accurate.
Oakley has a custom program by which a Jawbone/Racing Jacket customer could specify any number of combination of lenses, frames, jaws and socks.
If a lens has an “O” etched, it’s usually a fake, with the exception of Jordan Wire lenses OO-A, OO-E, OO Square, and OO.

Since the Racing / Pro Racing / Water Jackets are sports frames used when released to draw attention the the brand there were the general public releases which are listed on O-Review and then Oakley make athlete editions to give to specific athletes to wear for specific events. Those are not listed on O-Review. They are however legitimate pairs. Do you have any specific examples?

As far as etched lenses @flyer is correct.... unless it is an Rx lens.

Actually let me add something. I believe on polarized Water Jacket lenses there is also an engraved O in the lower corner as well.

Actually let me add something. I believe on polarized Water Jacket lenses there is also an engraved O in the lower corner as well.
916581F6-937D-4BF2-AD19-EEF90440ED63.jpeg

That is a polarized lens. Do the LCD screen test to verify. I believe it is bronze even though it doesnt look like bronze iridium, it could be the lighting.

Latest Posts

Back