• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Angling Specific.

Are you referring to shallow blue and deep blue? The difference is the iridium tint is designed to cancel out the blue of the water, letting you see underneath.

Are you referring to shallow blue and deep blue? The difference is the iridium tint is designed to cancel out the blue of the water, letting you see underneath.

Yeah most of the Oakley sport specific lenses are designed to increase contrast and visibility in that sports environment(i.e grass/fairways for golf and water for angling.)

So the shallow blue is apparently better for shore fishing and deep blue is better for open water fishing. About right?

So the shallow blue is apparently better for shore fishing and deep blue is better for open water fishing. About right?

Yes, as they advertise them.

My evaluation is that the literal difference between the two is that shallow blue is a contrast base tint while deep blue is neutral base tint, and deep blue has a lower light transmission % (10% deep blue vs. 20% shallow blue).

From a functional POV, the "shallow" & "deep" naming conventions appear to better match their function (water depth) than appearance; i.e. the names don't as much describe their color than where to use them...

IMHO they're both great lenses that can be also used for general wear, not just for fishing... but fishing is good...

Yes, as they advertise them.

My evaluation is that the literal difference between the two is that shallow blue is a contrast base tint while deep blue is neutral base tint, and deep blue has a lower light transmission % (10% deep blue vs. 20% shallow blue).

From a functional POV, the "shallow" & "deep" naming conventions appear to better match their function (water depth) than appearance; i.e. the names don't as much describe their color than where to use them...

IMHO they're both great lenses that can be also used for general wear, not just for fishing... but fishing is good...

Yes, fishing is good.

Latest Posts

Back