• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Antifreeze Custom Question

bandit.sunglasses

I should Work at Oakley
Hey All,

Given that the antifreeze radar is what got me into Oakley, I really want to do a custom antifreeze frame. I really want to customize a "New M Frame," but was wondering which colorways have a clear base. I recently picked up a chrome M frame that needs some love, and figured it would be the perfect candidate. Any customizers have suggestions? Thanks!

To my knowledge there aren’t any clear versions or ones that have a clear frame that are painted over. Maybe Crystal red or Crystal black would be a good option to maybe use acetone and remove the color??

To my knowledge there aren’t any clear versions or ones that have a clear frame that are painted over. Maybe Crystal red or Crystal black would be a good option to maybe use acetone and remove the color??
That's a good idea! I thought I read somewhere that chrome pairs may have used clear base frames??? Not sure though!

On Jawbones yes they used a clear base. Not sure on the others. Are you sure the M frame you have is a chrome and not polished aluminum? I see people here constantly confusing the two.
Yep! 100% chrome. It's a multiple I have so I'm considering customizing.

You can’t remove the color from those.

I would never use Acetone on any frame. You run the risk of removing the plastic softener and the frame becomes brittle. And I don’t think you can clear a Crystal Red or Black.

Back