• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley as a military boot?

Sir Rossi

Oakley Enthusiast
Massachusetts
Hey all! Just got my acceptance to the Air Force Academy this morning, and I'll be having to buy some boots for basic training this June. Any of you in the military deal with Oakley boots before? Or should I stick with the more traditional brands?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all! Just got my acceptance to the Air Force Academy this morning, and I'll be having to buy some boots for basic training this June. Any of you in the military deal with Oakley boots before? Or should I stick with the more traditional brands?

Thanks in advance!
They don't make footwear for the US anymore.

Congrats by the way.

They don't make footwear for the US anymore.

Congrats by the way.
Thanks! Though it's not direct through Oakley, some online places sell the light assault boot in sage. I don't really know if they would work within the guidelines of "waterproof upper bootie (Gore Tex or similar)." Just checking out my options as of now.

Alrighty, your favorite?

You need to find a decent boot shop and try em all on... different feet fit different brands differently!

Stick to 'Made in USA' as much as you can ...

I've heard of people keeping Danner Acadias for over 10 years ... they just got em re-soled. A solid boot!

Stay away from Original Swat tho ... not great!

Back