• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Asian Fit Differences Between Models?

MaukaRunner

Oakley Expert
Oahu, Hawaii
I tried searching but is there a thread which shows the differences between the Oakley Asian Fit and standard fit models?

I learned the only difference between the Fast Jacket and the Asian Fit Fast Jacket is the Nose Piece.

Does anyone know any of the other model differences?

Gascan was a great example of the difference, asian fit gascan was much flatter, had less of a wrap to them. i believe oakley's website had info on the differences.

It's best to go to the Oakley store and ask an employee who's been there for a while. The website makes it sound like the frame and stem curvature are different, but for Pit Bull, the employee said it's just a nose piece that sticks out more.

Notice how all of the Asian Fit models have earsocks and nosebombs now? I think someone figured out it was cheaper to ship glasses with two size nose pieces than it was to re-engineer every pair around a different face architecture, which would be required with pairs like the Gascan that have no rubber.

That's what I was told by another O employee at one of the O stores here.

There are no frame design changes, it's all about the nose piece. All models are molded on the same mold.

In a manufacturing sense it's the way to go, no need for separate molds for the same model just to accommodate slight design adjustments.

It's best to go to the Oakley store and ask an employee who's been there for a while. The website makes it sound like the frame and stem curvature are different, but for Pit Bull, the employee said it's just a nose piece that sticks out more.

Notice how all of the Asian Fit models have earsocks and nosebombs now? I think someone figured out it was cheaper to ship glasses with two size nose pieces than it was to re-engineer every pair around a different face architecture, which would be required with pairs like the Gascan that have no rubber.

I actually have 2 pair of Asian fit Gascan's and love them. I can't wear the regular ones because of my nose bridge. I would love it if they made a 3DHDO version as well. I also noticed that Oakley has stopped changing the design of the frame and just added larger nosebombs to the active pair. Seems Oakley has been taking designs that are more universal and adding larger nosebombs. Frames that need more structural change like Spike's curve had to be changed along with the nose bridge.

I would imagine Oakley still makes Asian pair (changing the frame design) as Oakley still ships to Asian markets. They just need to enter a new SKU for US buyers. I use to look at foreign top selling models on the website and was fascinated at different trends. Fit probably also played a part in top sells.

My Gascans. Standard Grape on left, Asian on right.

DF99059B-08C3-4BBF-8CD0-59FF652C18E8.jpg

Interesting. Seems Oakley has been making more universal cranial designs. This way they can just add nosebombs for a better fit and keep the model SKUs lower (Frame designs at least). I couldn't find a Gascan on the site. It is older and I didn't look very hard though. I would like to see if they get a Crankcase. I tried on the Crankcase and found the same problem I had with the Gascan.

Taking photos of the comparisons are harder than I though. The difference in fit are day and night on the Gascan.

A1407A04-4988-4FCC-8153-91ECC760E15F.jpg

Latest Posts

Back