• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley At Red

Wow that's crazy. After reading his post, I understand why he's leaving.

Anyone else notice that he posted at 3am?
Anyone else notice that he has a tab on his web site labelled "bitches"...and it's perfectly acceptable :grin:

Yeah read about this a couple of hours ago shocking but if its time to move on its time to move on I'm guess from the sort of man you all the met him say he is he want be doing nothing for long

Crazy in the sense Oakley @ RED just happened, not crazy in the sense of, well...his huge career. I can't get that forum post to load, but from what I gathered from the comments there and previous mentions, he just wants life to quiet down a bit, not totally quit on his projects.

Could be a case of staying around long enough to become "the villain", albeit only to some - pretty sure more people love him than hate him. Or maybe it's that case where he wants to see what he started operate without relying on his direction. Whatever it is, Jim has done well for himself. Quite the model of both ambition and execution together.

With all that is said and done, Jim has created not one, but two solid empires that WILL continue to grow with the right people at the helm. Jim is a highly intelligent and successful entrepreneur, and I don't believe his decision to retire is solely based on comments from the peanut gallery of people who cant stand to see others succeed, where maybe they themselves stumbled and fell numerous times. Those of us that were at RED remember what he said about being told what he wanted to create could not be done, and he was wasting his time. He didn't let that stop him. Although, he maybe just tired of there bull$#!t and whining, and believes he will let his legacy speak for itself. If his plans are to step down quietly, well then that is his decision, because Oakley and Red will continue to be loud and up in your face no matter what people want to say!!!!! With that I lift my glass and toast Jim Jannard, the "Mad Man", may you continue to be prosper in what ever you do, be it sipping a vintage glass of your own finest and enjoying a cigar, or entering your Mad Science Lab to create something else! This forum, the members, the lurkers, and all people around the world know what you have contributed and we thank you!

With all that is said and done, Jim has created not one, but two solid empires that WILL continue to grow with the right people at the helm. Jim is a highly intelligent and successful entrepreneur, and I don't believe his decision to retire is solely based on comments from the peanut gallery of people who cant stand to see others succeed, where maybe they themselves stumbled and fell numerous times. Those of us that were at RED remember what he said about being told what he wanted to create could not be done, and he was wasting his time. He didn't let that stop him. Although, he maybe just tired of there bull$#!t and whining, and believes he will let his legacy speak for itself. If his plans are to step down quietly, well then that is his decision, because Oakley and Red will continue to be loud and up in your face no matter what people want to say!!!!! With that I lift my glass and toast Jim Jannard, the "Mad Man", may you continue to be prosper in what ever you do, be it sipping a vintage glass of your own finest and enjoying a cigar, or entering your Mad Science Lab to create something else! This forum, the members, the lurkers, and all people around the world know what you have contributed and we thank you!

Well Said!!

Back