• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley at SHOT 2017

I'd say it's more likely limitation through financial restrictions on goods that don't return profit more than laziness. Y'all love to gloom and doom Lux, but you call out the SI team as being lazy or not putting in the effort when all they put out is pairs with icon swaps and some random camo pattern? Because frame fades and icon swaps on the consumer side of Oakley is all I'm seeing there, too. It could be lazy designers, we have no idea.

Oh, and the bulk of these unit editions have used artistic renditions of logo themes and public domain designs, so there's no licensing or whatnot happening. Heck, they don't even mention most things by official names any more. So I doubt they're on the hook for anything other than setup time for icons, and there's probably 100 designs already made that are going to wait their turn to get cycled out.

If you put in a ton of effort and get no sales return we generally call that a bad idea in business. Jim Jannard was famous for not caring and used the profits from Frogskins to fund stuff like the OTT. It's been 10 years, Jim's gone. This comes as a surprise to you now?

I'd say it's more likely limitation through financial restrictions on goods that don't return profit more than laziness. Y'all love to gloom and doom Lux, but you call out the SI team as being lazy or not putting in the effort when all they put out is pairs with icon swaps and some random camo pattern? Because frame fades and icon swaps on the consumer side of Oakley is all I'm seeing there, too. It could be lazy designers, we have no idea.

Oh, and the bulk of these unit editions have used artistic renditions of logo themes and public domain designs, so there's no licensing or whatnot happening. Heck, they don't even mention most things by official names any more. So I doubt they're on the hook for anything other than setup time for icons, and there's probably 100 designs already made that are going to wait their turn to get cycled out.

If you put in a ton of effort and get no sales return we generally call that a bad idea in business. Jim Jannard was famous for not caring and used the profits from Frogskins to fund stuff like the OTT. It's been 10 years, Jim's gone. This comes as a surprise to you now?

Well said. :drinks:

Does anyone know how it is possible to get into shot? Can you just purchase tickets? If not, how can I go to next years show?

Does anyone know how it is possible to get into shot? Can you just purchase tickets? If not, how can I go to next years show?
No. It's invitation for industry, media, partners, and select guests.

Gotta know someone going and see if they have more allotted room to tag you on.

Start a blog or youtube channel that is related to the industry and establish a following is also another way. While it is possible to sneak in, it's definitely not encouraged or as highly successful as other expos. More than anything its the media day and the after parties you truly want access to if your spending the money to go when its all said and done.

Latest Posts

Back