• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Australia - Now hopeless for parts

jlv632

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi,

If I didn't name this post what I did.. I'd probably name it "How the mighty have fallen"

Just a little background: Oakley Australia forever has had a presence in Melbourne Australia. They used to have an office (and store) in Torquay Geelong (okay... not quite Melbourne) and they later relocated to St Kilda about a decade ago. I can't quote on timelines exactly but over the last 12 months, any Oakley warranty and support calls/ questions were rerouted to Luxottica's Sydney Office and the Oakley's St Kilda office has closed.

I just got back from an overseas holiday and I hate to say it... the Oakley Triggerman glasses I packed... I ended up treating terribly. They were great but I reckon I dropped them about 3 or 4 time and also only carried a soft case. Unfortunately one of the drops (I know exactly when it occurred in France) marked the lens right in my line of sight!!

I am totally understanding that while I've owed this pair for about 8 months, that the lenses are not a warranty item. So upon my return to Melbourne, I've gone to my local Oakley O Store to sort this out. Historically Oakley would send the glasses to the St Kilda office and I'd get a call later that same week that lenses cost $xx.xx and I'd either say "Yes or No" (mostly Yes) and get my glasses back with new lenses installed and my old pair of lenes in a felt bag.

Long story short, sending the glasses away no longer seems to be the process. As I walked into the store outside of Business hours, the O Store now call Luxottica to see if the parts are available. So the next day the O store calls head office and I'm presented with the following choices via the O Store:

1) Black Iridium Lenses for Triggerman are not on offer. They only have 'Fire' available for $99 AUD. Prizm is also available for $199 AUD, which Is what I paid for the glasses.

2) I can surrender my glasses and they'll over me a 25% discount on a subsequent pair.

3) I shudder at the thought but order 3rd Party lenes and roll that way.

I'm strongly leaning to option 3 but I've never had Oakley Support not have lenses for a pair that was this recent. It's not like I was asking for lenses for EyeJacket or Minute. I wonder if this is now a global thing but yeah... I guess we are now very much in a disposable society!

Hi,

If I didn't name this post what I did.. I'd probably name it "How the mighty have fallen"

Just a little background: Oakley Australia forever has had a presence in Melbourne Australia. They used to have an office (and store) in Torquay Geelong (okay... not quite Melbourne) and they later relocated to St Kilda about a decade ago. I can't quote on timelines exactly but over the last 12 months, any Oakley warranty and support calls/ questions were rerouted to Luxottica's Sydney Office and the Oakley's St Kilda office has closed.

I just got back from an overseas holiday and I hate to say it... the Oakley Triggerman glasses I packed... I ended up treating terribly. They were great but I reckon I dropped them about 3 or 4 time and also only carried a soft case. Unfortunately one of the drops (I know exactly when it occurred in France) marked the lens right in my line of sight!!

I am totally understanding that while I've owed this pair for about 8 months, that the lenses are not a warranty item. So upon my return to Melbourne, I've gone to my local Oakley O Store to sort this out. Historically Oakley would send the glasses to the St Kilda office and I'd get a call later that same week that lenses cost $xx.xx and I'd either say "Yes or No" (mostly Yes) and get my glasses back with new lenses installed and my old pair of lenes in a felt bag.

Long story short, sending the glasses away no longer seems to be the process. As I walked into the store outside of Business hours, the O Store now call Luxottica to see if the parts are available. So the next day the O store calls hard office and I'm presented with the following choices:

1) Black Iridium Lenses for Triggerman are not on offer. They only have 'Fire' available for $99 AUD. Prizm is also available for $199 AUD, which Is what I paid for the glasses.

2) I can surrender my glasses and they'll over me a 25% discount on a subsequent pair.

3) I shudder at the thought but order 3rd Party lenes and roll that way.

I'm strongly leaning to option 3 but I've never had Oakley Support not have lenses for a pair that was this recent. It's not like I was asking for lenses for EyeJacket or Minute. I wonder if this is now a global thing but yeah... I guess we are now very much in a disposable society!
Mate, I'm Australian and I agree that this totally sucks.

But you forgot about Option 4.

Put a WTB (Wanted to buy) in the Oakley Exchange forum here. You'll save more money if a pair comes up.

All the best with your hunt.

Mate, I'm Australian and I agree that this totally sucks.

But you forgot about Option 4.

Put a WTB (Wanted to buy) in the Oakley Exchange forum here. You'll save more money if a pair comes up.

All the best with your hunt.

That's not a bad idea but still... I think for my daily driver glasses I'll now roll with some type of frame now that has Replacement Lenses on the shelf. Sad that it's come to this...

The other low light of the trip was the Oakley Store in London now has a line down the middle of it... On the right is the Oakley range and the left... the Rayban stuff!

Sad Photo

WP_20180705_19_24_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20180705_19_24_29_Pro.jpg

Yup. This store was 100% Oakley about 3 years ago but it was probably 60% to 40% Oakley's way.
And it was only Oakley's way due to the prescription section. For Eye glasses it was probably a 50/50 split.

Back