• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
We review the Oakley Badman Sunglasses and how these were the beginning of the end for X-Metals.

Background and History
The Oakley Badman Sunglasses were released in 2015 alongside the Madman sunglasses which we already covered in this separate guide. They marked the return of Oakley X-Metal – after a three-year pause when the X-Squared was discontinued.
When X-Metals returned with the Madman and Badman, fans were happy but confused. X-Metals were always a bit of Jim Jannards baby, so it made sense when they were discontinued a few short years after Luxottica purchased Oakley from him. But whether for popular demand or trying to gain back the collector crowd, Oakley revived the X-Metal family.
Similar to the Madman and other X-Metals, the Badman wasn’t cheap. But, retailing for $400 and up, they were in line with the trend of X-Metals over the years. After all, the Oakley Romeo retailed for $250 nearly 20 years...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Out of my entire collection whenever I wear a Badman Ti/Chrome my wife always says "I like those". Every time.

I have two Badman and I love them. I don't wear them that often, as I hear they have hinge issues, but I find them to be comfortable for my large head.

What hinge issues should a Badman owner be aware of and is there anything one can do to prevent/lessen the chances of hinge issues arising?

I picked up a used pair recently and noticed one hinge was a little crunchy/clicky and stiff. I gave them a good cleaning with warm water and dish soap and let them dry. Once dry I put a drop or two of 3-in-1 light oil on the hinges, let that soak in for an hour then wiped away excess. Hinges feel buttery smooth.

Latest Posts

Back