• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ballistic Goggles

Flakjacket

Oakley Beginner
Illinois
My buddy is active Air Force and have me a pair of his SI ballistic goggles. The only thing i could use them for is for my firefighting helmet. I am unsure of what abuse they can take? Also the band is pretty tight on my helmet and am unsure exactly how to access them quickly. Right now they are just turned around so the lenses are in the back and the strap in the front so i can take them off need be but out of my way to. Anyone just have any conversation with this scenario or the goggles?

I am a sales associate at oakley and I just bought a pair of these myself. They can take a great deal of abuse, they are anti fog which works extremely well. What kind of abuse do you think they are going to go through?

Well... they may be going into some hot environments lol. They are just sitting on the back of my helmet with the band around the front. It would be cool if i could incorporate them into the helmet like some of the ESS goggles do. Buddy came home and told me to have them he does not use them much and i was like heck yea.. but then i had to find a use for them and my fire equipment is all i could use them for. I know just the casual brush fires, accidents etc will be ok... but it gets pretty warm in some structure fires. I also tried looking up some info on youtube/net about them and not to much information is shared. So maybe i will test them out let some people know how they worked.

Well... they may be going into some hot environments lol. They are just sitting on the back of my helmet with the band around the front. It would be cool if i could incorporate them into the helmet like some of the ESS goggles do. Buddy came home and told me to have them he does not use them much and i was like heck yea.. but then i had to find a use for them and my fire equipment is all i could use them for. I know just the casual brush fires, accidents etc will be ok... but it gets pretty warm in some structure fires. I also tried looking up some info on youtube/net about them and not to much information is shared. So maybe i will test them out let some people know how they worked.

Yes! test them out so when people in the future are in the same situation as you then youll be the one with the answers!

Well aperently the goggles are Z87 certified but not NFPA 2001 sooooo i cannot wear them around any heat. Oakley does not state they have any certification on them besides z87

If they aren't certified for that, don't even think about using them. fmars62 might like the idea of you being a test dummy, but he isn't the one risking his life.

It wouldn't be my life lol... I would have my issued face shield but I sent oakley a email telling them they should have fire compliant goggles prolly get good business... Ess only brand I know with fire goggles

Asked about making a few lenses with NFPA certification in an email. Oakley told me to send it to their legal department.. sent the fwd to them never heard back in weeks.

It wouldn't be my life lol... I would have my issued face shield but I sent oakley a email telling them they should have fire compliant goggles prolly get good business... Ess only brand I know with fire goggles

As you probably know, Oakley owns ESS. I know that we were not testing the Oakley lenses for fire resistance (NFPA 2001) just ballistic resistance (Z87) when I was working in the lab. The Fire business is too limited, and already filled by ESS, compared to the Military one...

Latest Posts

Back