• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Black Double Wide Lighting Parts needed assistance on where to find or how to convert LED

AlanH

I should Work at Oakley
I opened up the top of my black doublewide case. Here are the Model# of the two power blocks up there. Going to replace both since one look like it has electrical burn damage and the other just is flat dead.

The white looks like there was some moisture at one point causing a issue. So better safe then sorry to replace both.

White Ballast block # EBU40-1 (F18t8)
Black Power Block # TRLVT-01X2

I found the white power block on several sites for around $13 to 15. No problem there, just choosing a reputable site. Finding the black power block is proving to be harder, all listed in China, none for sale only inquiry.

Should I be looking somewhere else I might have overlooked?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for looking fellow members. Enjoy your weekend.

I opened up the top of my black doublewide case. Here are the Model# of the two power blocks up there. Going to replace both since one look like it has electrical burn damage and the other just is flat dead.

The white looks like there was some moisture at one point causing a issue. So better safe then sorry to replace both.

White Ballast block # EBU40-1 (F18t8)
Black Power Block # TRLVT-01X2

I found the white power block on several sites for around $13 to 15. No problem there, just choosing a reputable site. Finding the black power block is proving to be harder, all listed in China, none for sale only inquiry.

Should I be looking somewhere else I might have overlooked?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for looking fellow members. Enjoy your weekend.
Rip all that crap out. Convert the whole case to LED. It isn't hard to do and others here have done it.

Thats what I want to do. Any recommendations for a LED system to replace it. So many threads hard to find the right one for what I want.

Thats what I want to do. Any recommendations for a LED system to replace it. So many threads hard to find the right one for what I want.
I honestly have no clue. I didn't do the LED conversions on all of mine even though they are done. ;)

I will give them a look. I have a 4 strip kit on the way from Amazon that I am going to try. If that doesnt meet my expectations I will try out the Ikea selection. Thanks for the suggestion. I didnt know IKEA even sold them.

I will give them a look. I have a 4 strip kit on the way from Amazon that I am going to try. If that doesnt meet my expectations I will try out the Ikea selection. Thanks for the suggestion. I didnt know IKEA even sold them.
Ikea has alot of LED options....

I did what Frank recommended above, not one component or wire was salvaged. Here are a few pics, now all LED even the bottom fluorescents are gone.
Most of the components are from superbrightleds.com. 5 lighting zones bottom, top, corners, logo and night light all adjustable, dimmable with web based remote control. It also has motion detection security camera on it with text and phone on intrusion.
I tend to over engineer, over build, and over spend but its a load of fun and keeps me out of jail.

Bottom array of LEDs
IMG_3023_zps9b2b15f5.jpg

Top lights with power supply.
IMG_3015_zps11f5e3ac.jpg

Top light from bottom, looks like a blade.
IMG_3019_zps20158ade.jpg

Logo light.
IMG_2952_zps7c9cd731.jpg

Controllers for each zone with cabinet lighting on both shelves.
IMG_3026_zps93817583.jpg

Completed case. Corner LEDs, night light on Elite O.
Oakleycase_zps88fd6f18.jpg

Thats awesome. From looking at your pictures, did you replace the top and bottom light drop pans with new ones or just paint them? Looks like you painted the cabinet over and lastly what LED light set did you get that looked like blades. Those are sweet. Not sure I want to go as full blown as you did on the remote via internet and motion. But the remote switch connection is a definite along with adjustable levels and such.

Jeff Gordon is retiring and I was about to run out of things to collect, now it's Oakley NHRA stuff and Oakley stuff to outfit the rest of my office. Your cabinet set the bar high. Now I need to decide just how OCD i want to go. I had wanted to dip the White cabinet Black and use purple LED back lights on it. Red on the black cabinet.

Rest assured you just showed me a new project I will be putting some serious thought into.

Latest Posts

Back