• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Black iridium vs Prizm Black

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
What is difference between black iridium and Oakley prizm black when you view through the lens? is there any difference in the iridium coating too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Iridium is a standard black tinted dark lenses with iridium (reflective) coating. Prizm Black is similar in that it's a black dark tinted lens but the Prizm technology is meant to enhance color which is typically drowned out by darker lenses, and increase contrast.

I've never tried Prizm Black, but I assume it's similar to Prizm Daily, which has a warmer tint. Think OO Lenses, or Vr28 Lenses.

The first picture is Prizm Black Iridium. The second is Black iridium. If we have any sun tomorrow I'll see if I can get a shot through the lenses

20170521_181322-1.jpg

20170521_181340-1.jpg
20170521_181450-1.jpg

Wonderful.. One thing i want to know that prizm black has any iridium coating or is it just like prizm daily polarized?

Here are a few pictures of the Prizm Black and Black Iridium. On the box its listed as "Prizm Black Iridium" but the site lists it as "Prizm Black"
so I'm not sure if they have a non iridium version

Oakley EVZero™ Path PRIZM™ (Asia Fit) POLISHED BLACK, Prizm Black | Oakley US Store
Oakley EVZero™ Path POLISHED BLACK, BLACK IRIDIUM | Oakley US Store

20171021_232539-1.jpg
20171021_232558-1.jpg
20171021_232615-1.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the Prizm Black and Black Iridium. On the box its listed as "Prizm Black Iridium" but the site lists it as "Prizm Black"
so I'm not sure if they have a non iridium version

Oakley EVZero™ Path PRIZM™ (Asia Fit) POLISHED BLACK, Prizm Black | Oakley US Store
Oakley EVZero™ Path POLISHED BLACK, BLACK IRIDIUM | Oakley US Store

View attachment 397740 View attachment 397741 View attachment 397742
Yes it is different than black iridium. The difference is noticeable and It also looks like it has iridium coating. Almost like vr28 black iridium but not that much brown.

Does the Prizm Black Polarised and the Black Iridium Polarised have the same Tint and Flashiness?? I am going to buy a sunglass but don't know much about the tint colour of the 2 Black. Can anyone tell me

Back