• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Bluebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
Should we make an Oakley blue book of frames and they're estimated value based on condition and what they come with? Seems like a cool idea if you find something and wanna know if it's a steal or not.

Anyone in?

Personally i feel it's a waste of effort on estimated value. Prices on Oakleys are all over the place. One person will pay $60 for a Romeo1 and the next person will pay $400.

OR already does a good job at documenting information. The only thing they don't include is what's in the box. That could be a nice database to have. I know someone on here recently bought a Ernesto Fonseca Antix, but had no idea it came with a wristband.

Of course the value of anything is what ever someone will pay, but I feel like a general database to use as a starting point would benefit someone. And it'll help people see how eBay prices are rediculous compared to the average going rate.

Personally i feel it's a waste of effort on estimated value. Prices on Oakleys are all over the place. One person will pay $60 for a Romeo1 and the next person will pay $400.

OR already does a good job at documenting information. The only thing they don't include is what's in the box. That could be a nice database to have. I know someone on here recently bought a Ernesto Fonseca Antix, but had no idea it came with a wristband.

I agree with spliceD. I think even if there is a database it still is so variable to change.

Just look at what people have been paying for cubes this year $500+ but last year you could grab one commonly for $300..

It would be a lot of work, and it's much easier just posting a specific pair on the forum and asking the pros on here the "going" rate for the ones you're after.

Of course the value of anything is what ever someone will pay, but I feel like a general database to use as a starting point would benefit someone. And it'll help people see how eBay prices are rediculous compared to the average going rate.

Like i said, the OR already does that pretty well. You see the MSRP and you can go from there. It's up to the individual to decide whether to pay above, at, or below.

Besides, it doesn't take much work to find out if you're getting a deal or not. And even if people are too lazy to do the work, they could always make a thread asking.

I'll also go on to say that yes, some ebay postings are ridiculous. But the hope for the seller is that some dummy will actually bid. The other side to this is what if the seller's item is deemed rare? Let's take a pair of polished carbon ichrio juliets for example. How hard is it to find a pair? I think we can all safely agree that it's pretty damn hard, but if one pops up for $700, would someone who really really wants a pair pay for it? Probably. Is it worth it? That's subjective.

I suggested something similar and it makes sense what everyone is saying. Too hard to
Value a lot of frames

I understand what everyone is saying, I just wouldn't tell it to becketts who made a living valuing baseball cards.

i say just leave it to ebay and let the market decide value. i have seen some price valuations on stuff in recent threads and they are way out there. besides everyone has a different valuation for every item so how do you reconcile something like that amongst everyone if there is a price descrepency of 100 percent or more? the cubes right now are going for 500 dollars but i think that is just a short term thing. i am sure it will go back to its normal price range of 300 dollars once this rush is gone. some will say it will go higher. hard to say who is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back